register for free

Dog News

Healing hounds: Patients get festive visit from therapy dogs

Patients at Southend Hospital had a special festive treat as they were visited by Buddy and Zeke, a pair of PAT (Pets as Therapy) dogs.

Buddy, a black Labrador, and Zeke, a Tibetan spaniel, came to cheer up patients across several of the wards.

Shirley Newton, a patient at the hospital who was visited by the PAT dogs and volunteers, said:
I was so pleased to see the dogs especially as I have just been given a dog for Christmas, it relieved the tedium of the afternoon. Seeing the two dogs and the volunteers in their bright yellow t-shirts really brought sunshine to the ward. They were so excited and proud of their dogs, it was lovely.

- Shirley Newton
Article and photographs here...

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/updat...-therapy-dogs/

What a nice thought by the volunteers.

Your comments and views:
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 08:02 AM
I loved the photo of the Tibetan Spaniel as it reminded me of my tiny Chloe! Tibbies make wonderful therapy dogs and it's a pity more of them aren't used for this kind of work. I know of one Tibbie girl who's trained as a therapy dog and regularly visits patients in hospital.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-12-2014, 06:52 AM
This touched my heart. This is such a beautiful way to utilize a dogs kind heart.
Again, thank you Malka.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top