Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 05:56 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 18th July, 2019

Good Morning all. I trust you and yours are all well and happy. Harvey hope you are much better now.

Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 06:44 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Yeah at long last it is raining. My garden needs it desperately as I am sure others do. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all to follow.
Raining here to not complaining as brenda says the gardens will love it.

So a quiet day indoors today for Dillon and I then I think.

griff glad you managed to get your test done.
Chris hope Dave feels better soon.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 07:30 AM
Good morning MOyra, Griff, Lynn and all who follow

Good that you got the test done griff.

At least you made your feelings felt yesterday Lynn but I really think that they only pay lip service to the concerns of residents

Started to drizzle here so like you Lynn a quiet day indoors.

Hope you are feeling better Harvey

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Morning all
It's raining here, I have the mechanic coming too...eekkkk
Chris I am not bothered by the wait, my theory is...I will just add it to my ever growing list lol.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon all.

We had the rain through the night and it's been dry so far today. Very dark clouds but the rain held off. It's still warm though and very 'heavy'.

Dave is still off it, but more tired than anything now so hopefully he's on the mend.

Now to go get ready for the elusive social worker's visit down at Gary's flat. Personally, I think it a waste of time because we've been down this route so many times before and always with a different social worker. You'd think by now they'd know Gary inside out, but they just seem to want to do assessments. Another case of 'long stand' me thinks
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Chris, I really hope things work out o.k with the social worker...must've so very frustrating for you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Hello Griff and everyone

Have missed a few days 'cos yesterday and Tuesday were bad. Had to phone the clinic to ask how long this would last. They told me sometimes three weeks I thought I might have anemia which would mean a big blood transfusion but they said not needed thakfully.

In the end they said that this week would be the worst and I should start to recover from tomorrow onwards. True enough I have been a tad better today, let's hope tomorrow continues.

Griff - I hope your Wednesday went better

Haven't done a 'catch up' yet, will try this evening, but might just have a shower and early bed.

On strict orders to take it easy and keep my liquid intake up (Nurse wanted me to have 2 litres a day which is difficult but have done 1.5 today )

I will pop in from time to time but not really psyched up for doing anything much.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Harvey, check if you are allowed but my GP told me orange juice with your meal helps your body absorb iron.. avoid tea or coffee as they block the absorption.
I am so very very sorry to hear you have been bad, the anti nausea drugs they gave me are a load of rubbish and I was naughty....I couldn't take my chemo as I had to be at the drs for 10.15am so absolutely no way I could fit it in
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2019, 11:12 PM
Oh Harvey, so sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. Fingers crossed that the nurse is right and you will feel a lot better very soon and not have it so bad in future.

Kelly, it was more of the same old, same old with the Social Worker. Nice guy, but doubt anything will come of it. Again, he agreed that the housing we are wanting for Gary is the only thing suitable, but again his age may go against getting him in there. I told him that we originally started this process of coming up to six years ago now to ensure there is a plan in place to ensure Gary gets the help he needs when we pop our clogs and, as yet, we are still fighting for that. I asked him how they would pick up on Gary's needs if the worst happened and he agreed that he hasn't got a clue but will look into in (another long stand me thinks). I told him that in Yorkshire the handicapped are allotted a Social Worker and they are kept on their books and they regularly check that things are going OK. He said in Lincolnshire they are allotted 6 weeks then cases are closed. Is there any wonder that nothing gets done?

Anyways rant over. It's no more or less than I expected