View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I had someone phone for ? a pup from me. They were wanting to go elsewhere and they thought that because said people had bred more in 15 months than I have in 15 years that they were much better than I was! Just shows how the GP think differently to many of us.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:10 PM
can i chuck a spanner in the works?

for ever dog bred by a breeder - another dog in a rescue home could be put back on the waiting list

what if mrs and mr x were planning to get a dog from a rescue but then heard of a litter of pups born and ready to go and got one of them instead - poor rescue dog waits again..........
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:11 PM
that's not the fault of the breeder but the person who is being fickle and changing their mind as to whether to get a rescue or a puppy!
If all puppy farmers and byb stopped breeding then there would be far greater demand than supply.
Becky
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:19 PM
personally i think breeders should be registered and only allowed to breed x amount of litters per year

i also think that any acidental and byb litters should be fined - and all dogs should be chipped - so you know where they are from

that would solve q lot of problems

i also think dog owners should have a lisence - like dog owners - e.g if a dog fowls - and you dont pick it up and your caught - 3 points - 6 or 12 points and you get fined... alot of money
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
can i chuck a spanner in the works?

for ever dog bred by a breeder - another dog in a rescue home could be put back on the waiting list

what if mrs and mr x were planning to get a dog from a rescue but then heard of a litter of pups born and ready to go and got one of them instead - poor rescue dog waits again..........

All my puppies have been sold to people who were on my waiting list. If they'd changed their minds and got a rescue one instead I'd have been fine about it If, however, someone was going to get a rescue but then came to me out of the blue to buy one of my pups they'd go home empty handed The majority of people on my lists have to wait for 12 to 18 months from the time I let it be known that I'm planning a litter to the time the puppies are ready to go.

However - the very situation you have described could and probably does happen with people who breed for breedings sake - i.e. those people who have one litter from their pet dog.

Debs
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:25 PM
good points -

i do think as in my post about yours that lisencing and chipping should be introduced and breeders should breed x number of pups a year etc
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I certainly agree that all dogs should be chipped or rather all puppies before they are sold. That way you should (hopefully) get a chain of where the dog started from if it turns up!
Becky
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:29 PM
good points -

i do think as in my post about yours that lisencing and chipping should be introduced and breeders should breed x number of pups a year etc

Actually I'd agree with that Suze. I don't think they'd have a problem with me going over any limits - my most recent litter are 10 years old now

Debs
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:31 PM
good points -

Dog licensing was scrapped years ago because it didn't work,can't see it working second time aound.

I think Education of the general public is the key,but some people just can't be educated and you get more sense out of talking to a brick wall.

Personally I would like to see tighter restrictions on breeding advertising and the sale of dogs.

We also have to remember that a rescue dog is not always suitable for some people/families.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I certainly agree that all dogs should be chipped or rather all puppies before they are sold. That way you should (hopefully) get a chain of where the dog started from if it turns up!
Becky
yeah exactly - if a dog got loose imo the owner should be fined or have acaution off the police - if my dog escaped - thats my fault- so i shoudl be fined to be more responsible

Originally Posted by surannon View Post
Actually I'd agree with that Suze. I don't think they'd have a problem with me going over any limits - my most recent litter are 10 years old now

Debs
Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »