Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 05:18 PM

The Underdogs Show/and your reactions

This is on a Tuesday at 8pm BBC2, starting March 20th!!

Some good trainers are involved, also children and celebrities and the dogs are from rescues.

They are being trained for agility and obedience - fingers crossed, it should be very good (and the training is supposed to be reward based too as far as I know, it certainly will be by some if not all the trainers!)

It's on for quite a long time - one hour and then half an hour in the same night.

Sad thing is, I think some peeps get voted off, aw, now that will be so hard.

Am excited :smt026 :smt038

Wys
x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I am looking forward to this one too.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Just boosting this up a bit, as it's on TONIGHT!!! :smt026

BBC2 at 8pm.

It does look really good now - one of the judges is Kay Laurence of Learning about Dogs - an extremely knowledgeable clicker trainer so I'd think would go for caring high standards in how the dogs are handled and trained.

Peter Purves is another judge. Some of the celebs are Huey and Julia Sawalha and the trainers all appear to be very postive. I'm on a list with a couple of them, Donna and Steve.

This is taken from the BBC website :

A new TV show will see celebs training abandoned dogs - and being judged on their skills.
The six-week pup idol programme will also ask viewers to adopt the pooches, who all need new homes.

The contestants include Strictly Come Dancing's Anton du Beke and presenter Kirsty Gallacher.

The celebrities will be tested on how well they train their animals in The Underdog Show, presented by Julian Clary and his dog, Valerie.

Join the battle of the pets vote
All the dogs taking part in the live show, which starts on BBC2 on March 20, have come from the charity The Dogs Trust.

Can't wait

Wys
x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 08:20 AM
i`m really looking forward to this. Are the dogs from the dogs trust? Someone asked me yesterday and I thought you knowledgeable lot might know.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 11:18 AM
According to the BBC blurb they are from the dog's trust & as each dog is voted off it then becomes eligible for adoption & hopefully it will mean more rehomed dogs.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:02 PM
i'm really looking forward to this should be good! hope all the doggies get forever homes from it
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 01:03 PM
sure they did something like this before for children in need. I used to love that
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I will probably watch this, but am unsure about the whole when the dog is voted off it is put up for addoption, I can see a lot of people decieding to go for a dog because their fave nano-celeb trained and work with one and not for the right reasons.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I think it's very natural to have reservations about that side of things...however hopefully the Dogs Trust will be sensible, I think they will and I hope they'll monitor everything.

I believe it's actually live when we see it

I admire those involved because of that, if nothing else

Fingers crossed it will be helping the rescue dogs lots...

Wys
x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I understand that the Dog's Trust high standards of adoption 'matching/procedures' will still be followed when the dogs are put up for adoption.

If that is the case, then dogs like the one shown this morning (Irish Wolfhound x) who is a big cuddle monster, but who has been in kennels for well over 12 months will have a chance of finding that perfect home. Hopefully, many more dogs than the ones on the programme will also benefit as the plight of rescue dogs languishing in kennels because they don't have that 'immediate' aesthetic appeal is highlighted.

I really do hope that this programme 'works' for its intended purpose, not just to provide entertainment, but to raise awareness. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »