Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Neighbours dog died

I have just been told by my neighbour that her dog died at 3.10am

Apparantly, she took him round her sons house a few days before hand and he had been out in his garden playing with his SBT. Her dog was a tiny lil Lhasa Apso.

She thinks he had eaten some rat poison that was in her sons garden The SBT has been having severe bouts of sickness and the runs, and my neighbours dog (the LA) has been sick since this happend a few days ago. He hadn't been eating, so she took him to the vets and the vets said he had a tummy bug. He later died in the early hours of this a.m. As far as I know the SBT has made a recovery after having sickness but is still very weak.

Just shows you how poisonous these things can be...and they claimed they were watching the dogs in the garden..and didn't even see them eat any of the rat poison
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry to hear this but why on earth would someone use rat poison when they have dogs? There are species specific and environmentally friendly (if you can call anything that kills something that!) baits available so really there is no excuse.
Becky
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 03:54 PM
What a shame, run free wee one.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Such a pity, poor little mite, and your neighbour must be devastated.

I'm so scared of using poison with the mice problem but have found some places that the dogs cannot ever get to so have put it there.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Poor wee thing... run free wee man
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
So Sad that's why I would never have Rat poison on my property.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Is it possible one of your sons neighbours could have put poison down on purpose?

So sorry to hear the dog died,

Sorry to think along these lines, but him having a Staffie I could well imagine some ignorant person thinking it was a Pitt Bull and wanting rid of it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Ozzysmom said "neighbours could have put poison down on purpose?"
One doesn't like to think of such things but we live in a nasty world, lets hope not.

Scorpio - We have mice over here also
I have found those traps that catch up to four, alive, are quite good. Like you I do use poison but only after a long appraisal of the place and being 100% sure doggies can't get to it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Eradi rat and eradi mouse are 'non-toxic' poisons for rodents if you need to use something.
Becky
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom View Post
Is it possible one of your sons neighbours could have put poison down on purpose?

So sorry to hear the dog died,

Sorry to think along these lines, but him having a Staffie I could well imagine some ignorant person thinking it was a Pitt Bull and wanting rid of it

How terrible if this is what has happened . It beggers belief that anyone could so something so evil.

There was an article in Your Dog Magazine after the 2 rotties attacked the baby in Leicester stating that some Rottie owners were reporting incidents of: having abuse hurled at them in the street, getting back to their cars after a walk and finding their tyres had been let down and very sadly there were Rotties that had been poisoned.

How devastating for your neighbour .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >