View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Brain tumour or epilepsy? (what to expect of a dog diagnosed with brain tumour?)

Just wondered if anyone else had experience of either condition in their dog?

My 15 yr old collie cross (Lucy) started having fits back in June and was rushed to the emergency Vet. After staying there for 4 days on a drip she was allowed back home with her new medication - Epiphen.

The diagnosis was a brain tumour. Epilepsy was ruled out due to lucy's age as it would have developed much earlier. The emergency vet seemed to be of the opinion that she wouldn't last long after she was sent home, but my own (fantastic) vet has stuck with it and got her back up and running again.

But what can I expect now?

Lucy is very dopey these days which I put down to the drug, she also appears to be uneasy on her back legs on occasions and I'm worried that she may lose the use of them.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.......
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry haven't had a dog with either of these conditions, but just wanted to say sorry to hear of this.

Hope they find out what it is soon.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear of your dogs problems but this really is one for the vet to deal with, glad she is back on her feet.