register for free

Dog News

Hunts hounds killed

...has received 38 comments (page 3)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 01:25 AM
A very upsetting incident for all concerned, but it does make you wonder what the point of having Laws is if they aren't enforced.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2014, 09:18 AM
but it does make you wonder what the point of having Laws is if they aren't enforced.
Not sure what you mean by this.........what laws were not enforced !
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

26-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Jackie, I think Chris was referring to the law against hunting with dogs. If this was the case then it was a definite breach of the law.

If, however, the hounds were following an articicial scent that had been put down for them, what sort of person would lay a scent trail near a railway line?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Jackie, I think Chris was referring to the law against hunting with dogs. If this was the case then it was a definite breach of the law.
There is no law against hunting with hounds, there are NEW laws and Restrictions.

But it is still legal for a hunt to go out with a pack of hounds... they can follow a scent, and use a marksman.

But Hunts can still hunt or exercise with a pack...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 10:05 AM
and, of course, that is all the hunts are doing these days. No siree, they do not break the law by hunting down foxes
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-11-2014, 02:55 PM
I can completely understand your POV Nippy, and I am sure you are not alone in wishing that those who 'kill for fun' get a taste of their own medicine. Personally I think it should be completely out-lawed, if they want to ponce around on horses, fine - but the dogs that-have-been-bred-for-hunting stay at home.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-11-2014, 04:05 PM
So Azz what do you think would happen to the thousands of hounds that the hunts left at home.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2014, 05:21 PM
They wouldn't be left at home thats for sure. That is straight away what occurred to me, no ones going to keep a lot of foxhounds, feed, exercise them etc. unless they are going to be used, even if it is following a trail it is a day out on horseback, and unless you're a decent rider there is not a chance you would keep up, I am sure there ARE people who 'ponce' about, but don't know any
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-11-2014, 06:15 PM
As I said I wonder what some people think will happen to the hounds if they no longer go out with those who "ponce" around on horseback !!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2014, 07:46 PM
As I said in previous post the minute the word "Hunt" comes up you have an avalanche of the ill-informed coming out of the woodwork. Self styled "class warriors" and general know-it-alls, the majority have little or no knowledge of the countryside at a working level. As for "poncing" around on horses, any poncers would be quickly ejected from a hunter's back at some speed, resulting in severe or even fatal injury. It takes a great deal of skill to stay up with the hunting field on horseback and not a little guts! Just for the record there are more foot-packs hunting in the UK than mounted. Where I live the country is just about passable by helicopter so a "nag" would be sorely out of the question. There is no point my going on about the damage foxes and other vermin do to livestock on pennine hill farms as the self-righteous bigotted anti faction have no intention of listening to anything other than their own senseless braying.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top