Dog News

Dangerous Dogs - ITV 20 March, 9pm

...has received 24 comments (page 3)
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I too found the programme quite distressing and felt just a mornings tuition for staff on dog handling from a member of the APBC would have helped.
Yelling and shouting at stressed dogs although a natural reaction does nothing but escalate a bad situation.

I appreciate staff portrayed in the programme have a terrible job to do and it is the sort of job that may not attract many takers. I don't think I could do it, the dogs would not be my problem but the owners would
Very true I couldn't do it either would probably be jailed for killing someone quite quickly.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I got really angry at the guy feeding the two startving Ridgebacks in the same kennel, OUT OF THE SAME BOWL!!
Any person with an ounce of common sense who's ever worked with dogs before would have known not to do that.

I appreciate that the two dog warders collecting the Akita had a difficult job to do but they didn't make it any easier for themselves by acting that way. I reckon a calm approach would have helped, no yelling and screaming and no freaking out at a spider by the door!
Plus, if you're that hesitant and scared of dogs, maybe it's time for a career change?
I couldn't believe it when I saw her give a woman a fine for letting her dog poop and not picking it up! What was that about?? 10mins of the program focussed on that, which has nothing to do with dangerous dogs.
Plus, the guy who left his Akita in the house alone for a week with no water got a 'written warning', and a woman who doesn't pick up a poo get's a Ł50 fine?!?!?!
I'm all for getting people to clean up after their dogs, but I felt like the dog warden just did that to prove something.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I think the part with the poo picking was to show the attitude of the bloke who was shouting abuse from the balcony and then came down and proceeded to threaten the dog warden. Why shouldn't she give them a fine, I have to pick up after my dogs, is the fact that he was abusive a good reason for not carrying out the law. She was more than likely upset about having just come from the flat where there were 9 puppies with mum and dad, living in squalor, and at leastone was obviously not going to make it, bloke couldn't have cared less, and seeing that happen in front of her probably finished the day off nicely for her.
I think the bloke feeding 2 starving dogs from the same bowl and then proceeding to rough up one of them shows a lack of education more than anything, I did find it upsetting and I cried for that poor girl, because she needed a bit of gentle handling and time, which maybe the bloke didn't have time to give her, I don't know.
Thing about a dog like that is that it takes absolutely ages to turn them round, and they never completely forget, it only needs a trigger and they go off again, that dog needed at least a year, and they said they rehomed her, I just hope it was to an experienced owner thats all
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Just found this;

http://www.ndwa.co.uk/dogwarden-news...s/?news-id=101

Says something and nothing though really
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 06:30 PM
If the stuff we saw wasn't exactly wonderful, I have no idea what the stuff they edited out was like. It never showed for instance exactly HOW they got the 2nd ridgeback in the van, although it was a little more co-operative than the scared one, it just showed you them both stood in the van looking at what was happening.
The scenes that we saw with the Akita were heartbreaking in the extreme, but perhaps it was a case that the dog had to be taken then and there, you could hear them securing the house as it was going on, that wouldn't have made it any easier to get the dog to come with them, once they'd got him out they did give him chance to come round a little and provided him with water not only to drink but poured it over him as well as he was in a terrible state. From what I remember it was said he was being visited by someone (his owner) every couple of days and there were open sacks of dog food left lying about.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top