Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Jades new muzzle...

Here is what it looks like. It cost more than I thought it would.. annoying! Oh well!

I also have equipped myself with a heavy melee weapon for walks (fireplace coal poker) and will be getting mace or "dog mace" very soon as the store did not have any today.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 06:43 PM
She is a very pretty girl
Even with the hannibal mask lol
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Lovely girl!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:06 PM
She is such a pretty girl I didn't realise she needed a muzzle It actually looks a little small on her as he nose isn't meant to touch or poke out the front .... maybe it has slipped back.

Keep the photos coming as I love seeing her. ...... I do miss Brownie though.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I agree, it looks slightly on the small side. Remember she needs to be able to open her mouth a little bit more to pant and let heat out .
Other than that, she looks comfortable with having a muzzle on, which is good!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I tried the larger size on her as well. It was too big and was up under her eyes. It bothered her a lot and she began clawing at it in a panicked state and was able to get it off. No bueno!

There is no size in between this one and the one that was clearly too large. Due to the fact that her head is really skinny but her muzzle is long, it WAS kind of difficult to see which ones fit better.

I also looked at the way the muzzle fit the dog on the front of the package and hers fit just like that one did. I really don't think it's too small and we went on a walk and she was panting just fine to my knowledge. I'll take another look and if I determine it's too small, I'll head back and size up! Not an issue

She doesn't mind the muzzle at all, so I think this one is best for her. I'll be sure to upload a video of us walking or something so you can see.

As for the user that said they didn't know she needed one, she DOES. She really hates children and also has random aggression at times. The other day a group of kids that loved Brownie came barreling up to me (not paying attention that this isn't the same dog) and she snarled and lunged at the little girls face/neck area.

She also doesn't bark, she just snarls and goes straight in for the attack so I've labeled her dangerous for now and we're working on it!
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Ahh ok Well if you tried the bigger one and it was too big, then I would have gone for the smaller size too . You can see the dog in real life and can see better than us!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm holding my hand up, it was me who asked whether she needed a muzzle ....... I didn't realise she had issues with children. I'm impressed with how quickly she has accepted it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Still looks good in that! I didn't think it was too small but admit I thought maybe it was done up a bit too tight?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Still looks good in that! I didn't think it was too small but admit I thought maybe it was done up a bit too tight?
Yes, it might have been a BIT too tight now that I look at the neck area. It's not too small and if it is, it's only a tiny bit too small whereas the other size larger was so big it swallowed her face all up under her eyes and she was able to get it off.

Either way, this is the beginning of a new way of life for her. My mother didn't do that well with her and I did a poor job of helping out. So now it's time to put some real work in. Wish us luck! Always love that you say nice and great things on my posts here, Tangutica.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >