Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
total nonesense adam all dogs will as lorraine pointed out time effort and paitence is all that is needed.

Smokeybear who posts here uses them and she is a good sports trainer promarc, the only advantage I see by taking longer is it makes more money for the trainer. Smokeybear says they don’t hurt, have you ever been shown how to use one?

Smokeybear, Alison Tohme, http://tinyurl.com/4fny9mu

Adam
Adam, why would you think a photo of a member of the forum would prove anything at all in respect of whether a piece of equipment is good or bad?

That very same photo was posted on another forum by a banned user on here. It was never substantiated on that forum, but, even if it does turn out to be the poster in question and her dog, it would make no difference at all as to how these collars work, or whether it is justifiable to use equipment designed to give physical punishment to a dog.

IMHO it is not necessary to ever use a prong/pinch collar to train a dog. If SB thinks it is, then I disagree with her too on this issue - simples!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
ever heard of being stoic or suffering in silence Adam
That's actually a very good point Tupacs. Dogs do not necessarily show pain like we do. A good example of this was my poor Hal, who was slowly dying from septocaemia. The only inkling he gave me that he was in terrible pain was to wake me in the night and sit down beside my bed and ask for cuddles, something he never did. He was very aloof, never showed his emotions, and hated to be petted or cuddled.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Thats because dogs innately trust us and love us and look to us for guidance.. I have seen dogs with horrific injuries or having suffered from terrible abuse look at their owners and even their abusers the same way...
Very true - Bill Sykes' dog in Oliver Twist being a good example of this, even though that was a book of fiction of course.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2011, 01:13 PM

****** who posts here uses them and she is a good sports trainer promarc, the only advantage I see by taking longer is it makes more money for the trainer.*******says they don’t hurt, have you ever been shown how to use one?

Adam
A typical peevish little post which contains all the hallmarks of your mentor Adam. For me it is yet another demonstration of the kind of person you are.

I think it is up to the member in question to post her photographs if she so chooses , it is not for you and your mentor to make that choice .

Originally Posted by Brierley
Adam, why would you think a photo of a member of the forum would prove anything at all in respect of whether a piece of equipment is good or bad?

That very same photo was posted on another forum by a banned user on here. It was never substantiated on that forum, but, even if it does turn out to be the poster in question and her dog, it would make no difference at all as to how these collars work, or whether it is justifiable to use equipment designed to give physical punishment to a dog.
..this will come as no surprise to many of us...
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not posting on anyones behalf!

The fact is smokeybear is a well regarded schutzand trainer and it is easy to find pics of her dog.

The reason I added her to this thread was simply because she is an example of someone who uses prong collars.

Adam
You lie Adam----you have posted in that users words and used links from him to videos and old forum references.

rune
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
That doesn't prove the prong collar worked by pain though, it just proves that the dog responded better to it than to a flat collar.

Looking at the white dog in the picture with the prong on, it certainly doesn't seem bothered. In fact it appears quite relaxed yet focused.

Adam
Oh come on, Adam

Look again at the white dog in the picture - no lead attached and no pressure on the collar <sigh>. Do you ever think before you comment?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
So if prong collars don't work through pain how exactly do they work? At the very least the dog is going to be uncomfortable if it pulls and "do this or I'll cause you pain or discomfort" is not a good way to train imo.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Yes. And if Adam posts on his behalf, or things he's said - his account will be banned too. Take that as a final warning Adam.

very good to hear that!

Dc was ruined by Denis and Lou. Il get comfy then!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
If he didn't ask Smokeybear's permission to post - then that's extremely rude!

And I think Smokeybear should be allowed to punish him

1 day ban
5 day ban
10 day ban

Up to you Smokeybear!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
very good to hear that!

Dc was ruined by Denis and Lou. Il get comfy then!
They've tried, but Dogsey members and mods are always a step ahead of them

Make yourself at home - nice to have you here
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 71 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »