Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I believe the reply was something along the lines of it being top secret and to divulge any info he would need your name, address and a copy of your passport - might be worth adding what you added for breakfast this morning too, just to be sure you meet the criteria for the official secrets acts to be broken
....I am not asking Adam to divulge any state secrets..

ETA Adam let's try this, I will ask you one more time , a simple yes or no will suffice ..

Do the videos you say you have submitted to the study on e collars include an example of your small JRT 'Jacca' or other dogs wearing /being subjected to two e collars at once..
yes/no

Do the videos you say you have submitted to the study on e collars contain the video made by your frequently quoted mentor showing a dog with an collar placed near to the area adjacent to its genitals .
yes/no

If you haven't submitted this material why not ? Don't you thing the study should get a true picture of the many ways e collars are used ?

Adam you could PM the reply to me, I intend to take this matter further anyway whatever you choose to do .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Over 200 pages and 2000 posts - think it's time to close this thread.

Don't worry, it's not going to end here - everyone who took part will know 2000 posts doesn't equal a 'hot' debate. But merely one person (who has a financial interest in them) trying to argue that electric shock collars are not actually cruel. Pretty much everyone else seems to disagree. (We can ignore the off-topic prong-related posts for now - we'll deal with them later )

A summary thread will be put up at some point asking people how they would summarise this thread - a link to the summary thread will then be inserted into the first post of this thread... so people don't have to trawl through thousands of posts to get a gist of it, or take my word for it.

Thanks to everyone who took part, this thread played a key role in our decision to:
  • Place a partial ban on the talk of electric shock collars (debate is fine, but recommending them on unsuspecting owners is not! See the full details here.
  • Consider adding prong collars to the ban - see here.
  • Look at our rules governing 'commercial' accounts
Closed Thread
Page 206 of 206 « First < 106 156 196 203 204 205 206