Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Please help,I am at my wits end with Poppy

I am sitting here crying my eyes out, I don't know what to do with Poppy.
We have noticed that over the last few weeks she has become increasingly aggressive while out.
At first she was fine on her own, and would only bark when out with Ben.
She is continuing with her bike chashing, car barking and people barking.
This last week however, she has become even worse. twice today she has nipped someone. The first time both of them where out with Chris. While Chris was standing talking to another dog walker, the walker bent down to pat her and she nipped him.
I have just taken her out on her own, and she was a nightmare. We have to pass a garden where there is a Staffie and she nearly went over the fence. I had to drag her onto the park. I find I am avoiding people now when I have her. On the way we met a biker and I put her in the lie down, but as soon as the bike passed she lunged at it. Then on the way home there was a young lad running towards us. as he passed she lunged again and nipped his hand. I was mortified!!! I apologised and the lad was ok about it. good job really.
What am I going to do. I am thinking of a behaviourist, because I have never had a dog like this before. When she is out with Ben, she is totally focused on him so it's not so bad. I can't trust her anymore and will have to get a muzzle until I can come up with an answer.
I am so upset I feel sick. Please anyone any ideas.
Elaine xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:25 PM
So sorry you're going through this Elaine. I'm not experienced in such matters, so my thoughts would lean towards a behaviourist.

Hope you get it sorted honey, and hugs for you x0x
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I would suggest you get someone in to help you with her - who can observe her behaviour and advise you to your own situation.

I know haw hard it can be with an aggressive dog.

Big hugs.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So sorry you're going through this Elaine. I'm not experienced in such matters, so my thoughts would lean towards a behaviourist.

Hope you get it sorted honey, and hugs for you x0x
Thanks Vicki. I dont how am going to find the money but I will just have to am afraid. I feel so sick.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Vicki. I dont how am going to find the money but I will just have to am afraid. I feel so sick.
Have a look at you're insurance policy - many companies will cover behaviour issues as well.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems and I think you should see a behaviourist .
Remember this though , much worse problems can be sorted so this can be sorted .
I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest , ((((hugs)))))
xxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to offer a (((hug))), there are loads of BC owners on here. I am sure someone will be along with some ideas soon xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems and I think you should see a behaviourist .
Remember this though , much worse problems can be sorted so this can be sorted .
I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest , ((((hugs)))))
xxxxx
Thanks Ali
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to say I know how hard it is to cope with dogs with 'issues'. I also think a behaviourist would be best, or at least someone who can meet Poppy in person because it's so hard to describe things online.

Is there anything you can do to get her attention on you totally? Like a tug rope, squeaky toy, food etc?

I tried all those things with Bryan, but they didn't work unfortunately, but it's just a thought.

Hugs to you and hope you are ok x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Have a look at you're insurance policy - many companies will cover behaviour issues as well.

Thanks Hannah, I have just checked and it says complimentorybehaviour therapies due to illness. I dont understand that.
Elaine x
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »