Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Great thread!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:24 PM
You know, I figure anyone who just posts on this thread without adding their own breed description is just begging to be 'Thikipied'

Rough Collies - Also known as Lassie dogs. They have been bred to understand perfect English and communicate with you with a series of barks and meaningful looks. They do have a habit of rescuing local children, but on the whole make a perfect family dog requiring no training, grooming or exercise. Also available in a miniature size which people sometimes call;
'Shelties' Or 'A small one of them Lassie dogs'.

Dobermans - Proper Dobermans are Black and tan, other colours are not 'proper'. Dobermans come in two varieties The stood up ear no tailed Doberman or 'Hollywood Doberman' and the Floppy Eared occasionally tailed 'British Doberman'. Fearsome but impeccably behaved guard dogs. Unlike the Rottweiller they are not prone to go on a rampage, but will still eat babies, children and small dogs if directed to.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Eep.. Chaosjoey - Northern Innuit... Dare I? I thought 'Huskamute' was cutting close to the knuckle...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
You know, I figure anyone who just posts on this thread without adding their own breed description is just begging to be 'Thikipied'

Rough Collies - Also known as Lassie dogs. They have been bred to understand perfect English and communicate with you with a series of barks and meaningful looks. They do have a habit of rescuing local children, but on the whole make a perfect family dog requiring no training, grooming or exercise. Also available in a miniature size which people sometimes call;
'Shelties' Or 'A small one of them Lassie dogs'.

Dobermans - Proper Dobermans are Black and tan, other colours are not 'proper'. Dobermans come in two varieties The stood up ear no tailed Doberman or 'Hollywood Doberman' and the Floppy Eared occasionally tailed 'British Doberman'. Fearsome but impeccably behaved guard dogs. Unlike the Rottweiller they are not prone to go on a rampage, but will still eat babies, children and small dogs if directed to.
But I can't think of anything because I bought my breed knowing it was the right one for me ;o)
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:31 PM
You're safe Pidge The Springer Spaniel has already been 'done' . You may have selected the breed knowing what they are really like, but you see for your average Dummy the Springer is selected on different criteria:

Springer Spaniel These dogs are self cleaning, perfect for a family on the go. The amazing Springer coat means that Mud and water just shed off them, like ducks, simply lock the dog in the utility room or garage until clean. Springers can of course handle an amazing variety of temperatures, from 100 degree heat in the back of your 4x4 to Sub zero conditions of your garage in the winter. Perfect family dog for the lazy towney who wants to look all 'country'.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Jesus. I'd have to kill anyone who bought a Springer based on that thought!

Scumbags!

Although we do have a 4x4 - eeeek!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I think I may need to revise this one; BenMcfuzzylugs posted:

crossbreeds Totally healthy, no known problems, no training or grooming required and come in a range of sizes to suit from handbag to pony. expect to pay lots and lots cos they are more than one pedigree and come with an amazing name

When of course I have now come to realise this in fact should be the entry for

'Mongrel' Totally healthy, no known problems, no training or grooming required and come in a range of sizes to suit from handbag to pony.

and
'Designer dog' Famous fashion designers and celebrities create these 'design breeds' by carefully selecting two breeds with qualities they like. By exerting their Designer or Celebrity influence they are able to ensure that the 'Designed breed' has only the good qualities of both breeds used in their construction. This designer label comes at a price, expect to pay lots and lots cos they are more than one pedigree and come with an amazing name.

Crossbreeds - Half Staffie or border collie, half anything else. Rescue centres are full with 'Crossbreeds'. Prone to the 'damaged goods' syndrome mentioned under rescue dogs. The small Staffie varieties generally do not make you look as well ard as their full blooded cousins and are therefore mainly 'girls dogs'. The collie cross types are hyperactive and untrainable.

Mutts - Long or wire haired mongrels (see mongrel)
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Eep.. Chaosjoey - Northern Innuit... Dare I? I thought 'Huskamute' was cutting close to the knuckle...
Aww go on, I dare ya This thread has had me and the O/H in stitches
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 06:56 PM
THIKIPEDIA - DOGS EDITION

Rottweilers - Demonic baby killers these make really good dogs if you want to look well 'ard or to 'set on your mates'. Beware though it is only a matter of time before their demonic nature will force them to kill.
Oh & not forgetting that you can never trust them as they always 'turn' and 'go bad' as if some witchcrafty spell has been put on them upon maturity.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Labradors Perfect dog, suited to everyone, come ready trained, dont chew or get bored, weight not an issue as they are ment to be a bit chubby.
Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »