Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
depurple1
New Member!
Female 

29-08-2006, 06:03 PM
OH does all the cooking

He qualified as a chef years ago, although he runs restaurants now rather than doing the cooking.

I am not allowed to touch anything in "his" kitchen. This is on the basis that I will burn it or break it. I am happy with this arrangement
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird
Yep, Nigel is a good cook, and I think when I was poorly and he cooked most of the time was when I ballooned!!!!!

We both like to cook together, and it's more enjoyable that way- can't stand men who think it's a womens job!!
what do you think of a woman that thinks it's a women's job!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
what do you think of a woman that thinks it's a women's job!
Even worse than sexist men in my opinion!!!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I do all the cooking, it's only fair that I do it as he cant really cook, but he will clear the kitchen up afterwards as his part of the deal
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2006, 03:15 PM
I thought the food fairy just delivered the meals? You mean it has to be cooked? What is the world coming to...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 03:35 PM
I adore cooking and baking (especially now as we're growing our own fruit and veg

I'm darn good at it too!

Mark likes to "concoct" stuff, and often makes up surprises, which are nice, and he is a great cook.

My only gripe (which seems to be a common one) is the mess! He uses up every bowl, spoon, utensil etc in the kitchen (e.g. once all the ingredients are chopped, they go into seperate bowls, like a tv chef!)

It's not like he even has to wash up as we've got a dishwasher!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 04:07 PM
mmnn this is my pet hate...at the moment.

I can cook and dont mind doing it - however I hate the expectation thats its me and me alone who should do it - I also have to do the washing up. basically Phil does very little in the house and most of the time it looks like a warzone and he just criticises the mess saying I create it ( like he doesnt have anything to do with it)

I was feeling really crap the other night and asked him to cook dinner - it was stir fry so all he had to do was cook the chicken and vegetables and add the sauce - not complicated at all - he had a complete paddy and we ended up arguing about it - in the end he did make it and then apologised for screaming at me - but he is genuinely like a Teenager when I ask him to do something in the house.

Wonder how he thinks he will cope when the baby comes cos if he thinks I will have time to slave over the cooker for his dinner as well as keep the house clean , walk the dog and look after the baby he is sadly mistaken !!!

thats what comes of marrying a spoilt only child me thinks !!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 04:08 PM
We share the cooking
When I work evenings, Kev has yummy food ready for when I get home
We sometimes share the cooking when we are home together
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 04:45 PM
He will do some anaemic toast if I dare eat it. He's graduated to a decent grilled salmon or chicken but I do the cooking 99% of the time. Having said that he is a sweetie and and does the washing up. He has also been brilliant washing and making up baby bottles and helps with feeding her too. (I suspect he loves this 'chore' ).
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
mmnn this is my pet hate...at the moment.

I can cook and dont mind doing it - however I hate the expectation thats its me and me alone who should do it - I also have to do the washing up. basically Phil does very little in the house and most of the time it looks like a warzone and he just criticises the mess saying I create it ( like he doesnt have anything to do with it)
Join the club Danni

Given up on him making tea, he won't even help with the washing up, the kids help me.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >