View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Mollie has had toys from a puppy she has never lost an eye or punctured in any way. She is gentle with them wandering around carrying them and putting them in her bed to cuddle, Betty on the other hand is death to fluffy toys and can quickly get to the very core of them. So we have to have separate toys for them and Betty is not allowed to touch Mollies or Mollie gets upset. She was particularly fond of a stuffed duck and was quite bereft when Betty systematically destroyed it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Apart from cheapo tennis balls which Pereg strips and breaks in half, I have only had to bin two of her toys [she is nearly five years-old] - her "baby" - a little shocking pink squeaky panda which was eventually partially decapitated, and one monkey which was beyond further repair.

There is another monkey and a dinosaur waiting for a bit of repair though.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Good job we love them isn't it
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Nope, Ella destroys things, doens't take them apart nicely.
She might as well be Azog the Defiler.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2013, 04:42 PM
The only stuffed toy that has survived here is Frankie the terriers stuffed rabbit, it's as big as him and was originally bought as a crate buddy for the Pug pup but Frankie nabbed it and won't let anyone near it, he sleeps snuggled up to it and carries it around indoors. He only puts it down to go out and to eat. I've tried telling him it's not a natural relationship between a terrier and a rabbit but he's having none of it .
rowena:)
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Definitely not the only one then, They are funny characters aren't they? But more than worth it!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I bought Pepsi a Kong toy at the vets once and by the time we got home, approx 10 mins the boot was full of fluff and dead toy skin.
Nothing lasts but she loves doing it and once the stuffing is out she lies and cuddles the skin.
Yep that's Bella - still loves the empty skin of the old skunk better than the brand new replacement! It's quite stiff from dried up saliva on it and very grubby looking but that's the toy you will find out most often and being carted about by her. And funny thing is she was bought two at the same time - same but different colours. She just loved that one and the other is still like new.

But I am also familiar with that proud look of achievement on the dog's face when the last bit of poly stuffing is out!

Does make you wonder how they get SO MUCH stuffing in summat that size doesn't it?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2