View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 01:15 PM
No, she couldn't have children Chris and they haven't adopted the 2 women as both still have their own surnames....I checked that previously, I don't think the foster daughters know about Steve...as he was told to say he "was a family friend" at which point he said stuff it and left... fully understandable, he IS his son so why should he have to lie...the wife knew that's why she didn't want Steve around anymore as she couldn't have her own kids and was jealous of that fact Steve was his mum and dad's child...so his father picked her. The foster daughters might not know Steve exists but his uncles and aunty do and they were in contact with their brother ( Steve's father) and therefore in touch with the foster daughters and should have said that if he has no will that they aren't entitled to anything... it's trying to find out if he had a will really...he didn't own a house as his address is social housing, that's why I am going to lodge the form for if a private request goes through...then we can put another form in to stop the probate being granted if there's no will
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Griff the sooner the better I think.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 01:46 PM
Sounds like there may be little to no money and of course Steve would be entitled to any money/goods. However do be careful if the family were on benefits/pension no property etc and claimed a state benefits for the funeral due to having no funds then the council/local authority may ask Steve for the costs for the funeral. Just a word of warning
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Bright and breezy here. Dave still isn't well, but the stubborn s*d just won't go to the doctors.

We have an appointment to go look round Barratt Court this afternoon (Gary and me) to see if he likes it, then they will consider his application to move there (again). I'm not holding my breath.

Kelly, did Ann have children. If so, I'm guessing a split will be made
Chris good luck when you say (again) do you mean he has been refused or he has refused? My sister is looking into supported/residential living for my nephew well making a start at looking at them no one is getting younger.

Dave given his previous health history maybe is "scared" to go.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Kazz, yes, they could ask but as Steve was estranged he doesn't have to pay the funeral costs. To be honest... it's not really about money, Steve doesn't care less, it's about the fact that he was abandoned to a life of abuse and rejected repeatedly and then for me to have to tell him 2 1/2 months after the fact that his father had died...not a nice family! I did think about not saying anything to him but I figured if he did actually ask me for his father's address if he wanted to see him I would have to tell him then anyway.... just a flipping great mess really and Steve is actually entirely innocent in the whole thing
Chris...I really really really hope that this time the application is successful, would be a relief for you I am sure
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Gary has been turned down 3 times before, Kazz even though doctors and 4 different social workers all say it's the only place that meets his needs.

It may be a little more promising now as apparently they have been taken over and the manager did say today she couldn't see any reason why her would be turned down, but, to be honest, I've heard it all before. All it does is cause major upset as Gary builds up his hopes only to come crashing down to Earth again. The meeting for the decision is sometime in March so we will see what we will see.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Gary has been turned down 3 times before, Kazz even though doctors and 4 different social workers all say it's the only place that meets his needs.

It may be a little more promising now as apparently they have been taken over and the manager did say today she couldn't see any reason why her would be turned down, but, to be honest, I've heard it all before. All it does is cause major upset as Gary builds up his hopes only to come crashing down to Earth again. The meeting for the decision is sometime in March so we will see what we will see.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 07:37 PM
Chris, I am sure you have done it already but if not, if he gets turned down...get in touch with your councillors and MP and just make a pest of yourself.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2020, 12:15 AM
Total waste of time, Kelly. All they offer then is totally inappropriate housing. He needs someone on hand to attend if he has a fit. Barratt Court has 24 hour carers on site. Nowhere else does.

It's more now that we are getting older and neither of us are in the best of health. They tell you to make an end of life plan if you are a carer, but it's bloody impossible to do
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2