Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 01:11 AM

Daily Thread Friday 14th February

Good morning everyone

Griff if Steve is the only surviving direct relative the inheritance is his. Fill in the probate form and send it in. My father died intestate and we had no problems with managing his estate (my sister and I).

Up early as off to Heathrow with Ben to catch the 06.00 flight to Brazil via Lisbon.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 07:43 AM
Morning Sue, hope you have a safe journey and the flight is on time going out. Hi everyone else. Have a good day.

I think everyone should make a will while they can by law. I have made two now. One I tore up and have now made another one. They are easy to do and easy to get someone to witness it. You don't have to go to solicitors these days. So it doesn't cost much only the cost of the will form.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Good morning Brenda and Sue, Happy Valentines Day. I trust everyone is well and your four legged friends too.

Have a good day, stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 08:25 AM
Good morning Brenda and Moyra

Back safe. Bit of delay leaving home as Ben forget his ID card he needs to drive in Brazil so had to go back for it. Fortunately only 5 minutes from home. Took hour and three quarters to get there but as the M23 was shut from the junction with the M25 had to take the A22, which is not the best way imo, so took 2.75 hours to get home.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone

Sue hope you son has a safe journey. If I were him I would leave the ID card in Brazil unless he needs it here. Are his older children returning with him? How is his house hunting going or is that on hold until his wife arrives?

Griff
If there is no surviving married or civil partner, the children of a person who has died without leaving a will inherit the whole estate. This applies however much the estate is worth. If there are two or more children, the estate will be divided equally between them.
Put in the form, if Steve's Dad had property and that is in joint names then could be different but put in the probate forms ASAP in case the account is emptied if he knows what bank get a death certificate and Steve's details as Next of Kin (son) and go to bank and close the account prior to probate.

Brenda They used to allow dogs and people up close to the stone but have to say when I went last it was a force field almost in place but when went before I did see before this was ion place people climbing and jumping and one lad spray painting the stones. We bring these things on ourselves to the detriment of others.

Moyra Same to you and how is your 4 legged friend these days not heard a lot. Did you get sorted at the Doctors and go forward with your tests?

Chris How is the household getting on health wise?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
,prning Sue, hope you have a safe journey adn the flight is on time going out. Hi everyone else. Have a good day.

I think everyone should make a will while they can by law. I have made two now. One I tore up and have now made another one. They are easy to do and easy to get someone to witness it. You don't have to go to solicitors these days. So it doesn't cost much only the cost of the will form.
Totally agree with you. Have just this morning witnessed my next door neighbours will. She made one when her husband died in 2014 which I witnessed but has made another oddly this week.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Griff FILL THE PROBATE FORM IN get it sent back as soon as possible. You’ll need PA1P if the person left a will and PA1A if they didn’t. You can get the forms on G o v . u k or HMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax Helpline. They can help with filling out the form. Inheritance Tax and probate
Telephone: 0300 123 1072
Takes about 3-4 weeks normally once forms in. Issue you may have that Steve's Dad had a joint account with his partner.

Surprising how much information you gather when you have too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Thank you Kazz..o.k, I will explain the lot
Steve's dad left when Steve was 4, he remarried in 1980, Ann died in 2018, there's no record of a will or probate for her, his dad died November 2019, so far no record online of a will or probate being applied for. Steve was estranged from the man, however, he IS his only Biological child so if there's no will, everything should go to him....I just don't see why he shouldn't have what his legally his...he bl**dy deserves it after the situation that man left him in....I expect everything is gone already but would explain why nobody tried to contact him and why the death was advertised in a different newspaper to the city where he died and was being cremated, or maybe I am just suspicious lol
Brenda, I went to Stonehenge and I was more interested in petting the sheep in the adjoining field and trying to get my brother to touch the electric fence lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Morning just, Sue, Moyra, brenda, Kazz, griff and all to follow.

What a journey Sue. Hope son has a safe journey.
All sounds like good advice griff re the probate. If I believe right the only way you are not entitled to your biological parents money/property when they die is if you are adopted.
I know this from watching the heir hunters and being adopted myself. Adoption entitles you to any property/money from adoptive family.
We were very lucky that mum and dad made a will, we must update ours.
I hope Steve gets what is legally his.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bright and breezy here. Dave still isn't well, but the stubborn s*d just won't go to the doctors.

We have an appointment to go look round Barratt Court this afternoon (Gary and me) to see if he likes it, then they will consider his application to move there (again). I'm not holding my breath.

Kelly, did Ann have children. If so, I'm guessing a split will be made
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >