Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 07:42 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 10th February, 2020

Good morning all, roll on tomorrow for some better weather. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Have a good day all. Going to try to get a good walk in before the weather turns thunder last night
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kazz and all who follow

Still windy here. Had a short power cut last night which reminded me where did we put those gas lamps Have a fence that is a bit loose so have spent some time trying to find out whose it is. Have found the plan and it is next doors thank goodness just got to tell them that they need to get it fixed before it blows down.

Hope your damage has not increased Lynn

Have a good day and stay safe
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2020, 11:29 AM
'morning Moyra, Kazz, Sue, and all following

We had two power cuts yesterday afternoon but each was only a few minutes, in the last 20 years they have done a lot with computerised route switching so when a tree takes down a line they can easily and automatically re-route it. I can remember when we had power cuts that lasted for days

Moyra - I have registered on that gardening site, just waiting for an admin person to approve me, should be no problem hopefully

It's a tad blowy here but not too bad, I'm still on the steroids but fininsh tomorrow so will be down a few days latter this week.

Have a good day everyone out there, bye for now
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Oh good Harvey, lets hope you find it useful for answering all your gardening queries. It is also a very social site too. Enjoy it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Good afternoon Moyra, Kazz, Sue, Harvey and all to follow.

Very windy here still and bitter cold to. Decided to put washing out sheets mostly loads of pegs to hold it on wind got up and ripped the little contraption that holds the line tight and broke it so washing now in the tumble dryer.

Harvey hope you don't get to low when steroids wear off.
Hope everyone and all four legged frinds are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Afternoon now all.

Been out with Gert then popped out into Sainsburys, came home and chicken in the oven with stuffing for a nice roast dinner today Yeah! Feeling optimistic weather wise and bedding put on the line took Gert out again and the heavens opened and major wind, came home to find the duvet cover in next doors.....and next doors shed door off. Have put her shed door in her shed (we have a gate between the gardens rarely used) so in the house nice cup of coffee and watching the weather would like to get Gert out again but not sure.

Moyra Stay safe on your dog walks and dry.
Sue Good Lord a power cut, was the fence panel blowing around?
Losos Hope the gardening forum is useful for you. Glad all is going well for you.
Lynn I see you have the same issues with washing maybe we are both optimistic weather wise. LOL

Hope everyone is good and catch you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Seems we are Kazz waste of a good drying day.
Gorden has just found an article online, a road near where we went to school and near where he lived developed a sinkhole yesterday.
Someone driving along and down they went safe I believe but they have evacuated some of the houses.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Oh crikey that's scary. Still a bit blowey out. I know this cos of walked twice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2020, 04:01 PM
In the last 1-2 hours we have had rain, hail and now its snowing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >