register for free

Dog News

World's biggest pit bull?

...has received 19 comments (page 2)
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Seeing as how he can't be trusted, and the dogs are hardly pedigree anyway, I'd not dismiss the chances of him being paper hung. Just another reason to avoid most of these breeders.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah you couldn't accuse the breeders of being altruists, 20k stud fee tells you pretty much where their interests lie. The dirty little secret here is that they have tried to improve the health of these extreme bully lines but they cant do it, they cant come to grips with the loose hips and poor breathing because stacking good dogs with good dogs doesn't fix it, as soon as you try to crunch the genes and fix the traits it flares back up, the only area they made decent progress in is cardiac.

I maintain however The Rock is still the superior dog to this Hulk guy if you made me pick one.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Physically I agree that BGK does have a better built dog in their Rock, but how far does it go? The Hulk looks like a French Mastiff, he doesn't even remotely resemble a pit bull. Both dogs are extreme, and I just can't attest to expensive, dysplastic, dogs. I also like the way I've seen Andre handle his dogs, unlike the charade of bite work done with Dynasty K9.

It does make sense that they have tried, as one of the major things they are blasted for are dogs with poor movement and heaving chests on only short bouts of exercise. I only knew that there was no progress, not that they failed. In any case... world's biggest pit bull is just a giant Bandogge.
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, this jerk (the owner/promoter) is one of many. Google "XXL pit bull" if you want to further turn your stomach.
I'm not in favor of BSL, but I think it's worth regulating breeders who breed and promote dogs as weapons or tools to generate fear and domination. Especially if they abuse a breed name. These are not pit bulls.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2015, 05:22 PM
He'd weigh even more if his ears weren't cropped.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Now that I've watched the video, that makes me sick. I've spent the last two years daily trying to unlearn that kind of behavior in Callie and these morons are encouraging it. The truth is the bully breeds make lousy guard dogs. German shepherds are much superior. They're just teaching these dogs to be nutso human aggressive.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 09:15 PM
That video makes many dog lovers sick. Nothing but silly training using an electric collar. Bite work with giant mastiff mixes? That is such a great idea and cannot possibly be harmful ever. Fail! The dogs are so unintelligent, they have to use e collars to train them. I would say it's going against what the pit bull is truly bred to do, but these are not pit bulls, now are they? Horrid, greedy, terrible kennel full of morons.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Bulldogs can make decent man stopping dogs but do present some hurdles less seen in other breeds, most common complaints are that they dont bark enough, can be difficult to out and are often disposed towards going for the extremities of the decoy, something that in other breeds may be taken as the dog lacking hardness and being unwilling to meet the target. Theres also an inverted relationship with leash pressure, mainly down to AB's usually being quite handler sensitive, whereas most GSD's will show more confidence during agitation if securely attached to handler bullies will often feel punished by the leash and show more drive when released.

Cant speak for these guys with their big bullypit though, from what I know most of these XL bullies are pretty laid back peaceable dogs as far as the human race is concerned.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2015, 09:38 PM
The two individuals doing the "training" are pieces of work as well...she looks about fifteen and the young man just...makes me feel like doing a Callie growl.
Historically, professional fighting dogs in America were bred to be willing even if injured and in the heat of battle to let their handlers take over their physical care. I feel they are one of the most people centered breeds out there.
Yes they might focus it all on their favorite person and immediate family, but these aren't dogs who want to be independent or aggressive. If they attack it's sadly because they feel they are pleasing their handler and/or they've been put in a punishing enough situation that they have to defend themselves.
Something I have to post sometime to put things in perspective. On holidays hubby will get a rib roast. The dogs are happy to get the dinosaur sized bones after we eat. Callie is Shi Tzu sized compared to the pup in the video. But to watch my dogs consume those bones, the audio of them eating a bone maybe twice the size of a large human wrist...down to a few finger sized scraps within an hour.
The typical American Bull can make people wet themselves just by virtue of their imposing appearance. We that love them are trying to educate people not to judge a pup by it's cover. It's people like these idiots that are trying to undo any progress we've made in breed advocacy.
There is no reason to create beefier breeds, more aggressive breeds...too bad they can't bust these people for doing so.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Why are they calling this mix breed a Pit Bull! This is the type of thing that gets my blood boiling.
If you are going to breed bandogs then call them what they are. Though I'd be hesitant to lump in these giant bully dogs into the same category as actual working bandogs.
Larger dogs can live decent life spans. Chevy (in the Hulk's pedigree) died at 14yr old. He was a very big dog, but moderately built & of different breeding then bullies. As I do hear quite a few problems with them (and shorter lifespans). I've even witness from friends who have bullies what these dogs go through. It's really bad to consider that people find the poor health and terrible structure normal, acceptable! They do provide the vet care but I don't agree with breeding dogs those way.

It can be common to use muzzles on females in Pit Bulls. Or stands. It's not just bullies. It helps insure safety or makes things go smoother. I wouldn't doubt with bullies they need support but that's not the case with Pits. A muzzle shouldn't harm any dog when properly sized.

I've no problem with people breeding a particular type of dog (unless it has serious health in temperament issue) I just ask that it be called what it is. Now blue is a color so if it isn't a bully it's okay if you call it a Pit though it's probably a "pitterstaff". I'm wondering how much longer these bullies will survive, it's clear they will likely never thrive. They are in worse shape then some breeds that have been around for centuries. Granted their are some moderate ones and even with decent health but those are the exception.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top