Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Yes Dogsey is AZZ's site Malka.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not from the UK, and am often excited to be able to read news I'd not otherwise see and would have to often look (rather hard on occasion) for. I think it's a great idea, and am happy Malka has agreed to post the dog news here. I think she is doing an excellent job and is diligent in getting stuff up.

People come here, find out new things along with their visit to Dogsey, and YES we already know some of these things, but it's always nice to read extra articles and possibly learn something new. The debates are going to happen regardless. We are all different, and we won't always agree.

I don't want the news section to go away, I rather like it... even though not all the articles are trustworthy (some seem IFFY to me) and some (such as this one) I already know better than to do, but it's still a good read.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2014, 07:45 AM
No one was suggesting the news section go away just not have it on the front page, I know 2 potential members have been put off joining and I would guess there are more I don't know.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I think the continual infighting and intolerances would be far more likely to put people off joining the site than personal beliefs.
While we are voicing opinions that have been making our tongues sore, here is mine;
It is quite obvious to anyone that there are at least 3 people who hate each other and are quite unwilling to ignore/tolerate the others view points.
Why can no none put forward their ideas without being castigated for holding different views.
Okay they might appear "mad" or "unpopular" but for goodness sake this is an open forum and you are going to find all sorts.
Basically you have to put up or shut up.
There we go, I will now sit back and wait to be banned or my post to be removed. Shame it has to be on the front page but that is how it has happened.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm lost as to why anyone would be put off joining by viewing the front page, it's just a list of news articles. You have to click on each one to read it and tbh I thought the lack of comments on virtually every one meant no one was bothering to read them. You don't have to like every part of the forum, I certainly don't but it's easy enough to avoid and ignore the parts you have no interest in.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

I think the news front end is important, as it helps keep us current. Not just for what's going on in the dog world, but, as being one of the largest dog related sites in the world, your comments are seen by lots, and lots, and lots of people - in essence, what you say on Dogsey carries weight, and is influential - do you really want to lose that?

Additionally, I think the news helps draw people in - people might see something and feel compelled to join to add their thoughts too.

Disagreements are fine as well - it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same. Discussion is good - it's what helps push forward progress
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2014, 10:42 AM
It is quite obvious to anyone that there are at least 3 people who hate each other and are quite unwilling to ignore/tolerate the others view points.
Why can no none put forward their ideas without being castigated for holding different views.
I hope that I am not in this group. I do not hate anybody and I relented my argument with Julie, as I don't know her nor can I change her mind. I don't think she's crazy (mad) and though I'd not do what she's doing, she is more than welcomed to do whatever she likes with her dogs.

I know how it feels to be persecuted/judged for handling your dogs a certain way, so I gave up once I realized she felt that way... once she felt as if I had judged her.

Someone else went on about the RSPCA taking her dogs and whatnot by breaking her window. A little OTT IMO. I don't think anyone is being intolerant, they are just flabbergasted more than anything else.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

25-05-2014, 11:59 AM
omeone else went on about the RSPCA taking her dogs and whatnot by breaking her window. A little OTT IMO
That someone being me........... and its not over the top at all, the RPSCA and the police WILL smash a car window if they see a dog in distress, whether it is in the shade or not...and my point was a general one, its was directed to a comment made, but was aimed at anyone that would leave a dog in a car on a hot day!

I am also at a loss as to why people would be put off joining this site because of the "news Page" as Trouble says most only generate a few comments that don`t hold any dispute, I guess this one is different due to the fact its such a serious issue and members feel compelled to voice their concern when an alternative view is posted.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2014, 12:21 PM
It's the bickering people don't like and judging of others ways. This thread has been tame compared with some.

And yes the RSPCA will do that but where did I say I would leave them in full sun or anywhere they could get distressed ? really it is OTT and was obviously aimed at me so now saying it was general is a bit disingenuous.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

25-05-2014, 12:36 PM
And yes the RSPCA will do that but where did I say I would leave them in full sun or anywhere they could get distressed ? really it is OTT and was obviously aimed at me so now saying it was general is a bit disingenuous.
Your missing the point, you don`t have to leave them in FULL SUN for them to act, they will act on what they deem necessary.

Yes the comment was aimed at your response, but it also held a wider message, in the fact, that you(anyone) may think its unnecessary, but your (our) opinion means nothing if the RSPCA see it differently.

As someone has already pointed out, there your dogs and you do what you want with them, we cant change your mind, but others can act on it, whether you think its over the top or not.

Sadly this topic comes around every year, due to people thinking it does not apply to them, and as this thread has shown, no amount of education is going to change a mind of someone who ignore the dangers.

The only way a mind with change is when tragedy happens,
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top