View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Going to look at a training School this sunday or next. (updated post 8)

Ollie is very well behaved in most things except for pulling when he see's other dogs and people when on the lead & recall.As some of you know I had a bad experience with Zanta at a training class here in Harlow but remembered the one in Brentwood,not far from where I lived.
Think it will do us both good and polish off the rough edges with Ollie,also you can go on a Sunday morning which suits me better than the evenings.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I visited a few classes before I decided too. Wish I'd done that with my first dog as I went to many I just didn't like.
Becky
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Cor thats good, Sunday mornings. Mine is a 40min drive away and at 8pm on thursdays. Not the easiest to get too, but the class is very good so worth it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Good thing about it is hubbie can come too,he needs to toughen up a little with Ollie he lets him get away with murder ,and Ollie knows it and plays him up far more than he does me.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Thats true, my OH learnt a lot from our two trainers (more from the bloke that the lady though )
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2007, 11:59 AM
So there is hope I might get hubbie trained too thenWell worth the money and time.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
This might be helpful to read, especially as you've previously had a bad experience

http://www.apdt.co.uk/training_class.htm

Good luck!

Wys
x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2007, 12:59 PM
We went to have a look this morning without Ollie 2 reasons 1-Son has the estate car today @ 2 it gave us a better opportunity to observe.
We were very impressed so are going to take Ollie over next week they do a temperament test 1st so hope he will be ok as he is still shy of strangers one of the reasons for enrolling him to maybe see if this will help overcome the problem.Also the pulling like a steam train when he see's other dogs although since Friday I have had some success with the halti and he is a lot better.
It is the Essex Dog training Centre,founder Roy Dyer of the Essex Dog display Team.He took over the beginners class today and they took it outside as they had a few new dogs turn up he was very good.They have indoor training halls for when it is raining otherwise they have a couple of outdoor arenas for when the weather is better that appealed to me too.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 05:37 PM
It was gthe Essex Dog Training centre that told me my first dog Winston would challenge me for my bed because I let him sleep with me in it!
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh dear,Ollie doesn't come upstairs as we are carefuful of his joints,the last training school I went to in harlow told me Zanta was dominant at 13 weeks old because she chewed her lead,she was dominant and at 8 months had to be returned to the breeder she is now happily rehomed with a Lady who knows how to deal with her dominance.Ollie chews his lead but is definately not dominant,and my last dog Max slept on our bed and neither was he.I think we shall go along and give it a try there are specific points I want to polish off with him but if they start telling me things about him I know are not in is character I will not go anymore he is 7 months now and showing what he is going to be like so we will give it a try but interesting to hear your opinion.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >