Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2017, 07:18 AM

Daily Thread Monday 27th March

Good morning everyone

Sorry to read about your friend's boyfriend Griff so sad.

Love the Buddha Eileen. I have a very small one on my landing window sill.

Pleased you had a good weekend with your mum Mandy hope she has a good flight home.

Poor Cariad her mum is neglecting her. Just not good enough that you do not feed her on time you know

Well son's door nows closes having taken a lot off the bottom and some off the side as well. When taking the screws out of the hinges on the door frame we heard sparking and the bedroom light kept coming on. Someone at some time has put a screw through the wiring so goodness knows how close the wires are to the door frame but have never had this before in any house we have had. Also the "lovely" builders he had in doing his renovation have managed to wire a ceiling light into the same circuit as the fridge/freezer - idiots. Now poor son has to find a good electrician to see if they can sort this mess out. As he said do one job and three more come to light poor lad just wants to enjoy his home.

Lovely morning here. Washing in machine and about to take Teazle out. Then some gardening is on the cards

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Good Morning Sue and all to follow. I am still missing that hour.

Griff, sorry about your friends boyfriend, don't have to say anything just be there for her.
Eileen, love the Budha its beautiful.

June, poor Cariad she sounds as though she is out of routine like me.

Have a good day all take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2017, 09:08 AM
OMG Suecan't he complain to the builders because that is downright dangerous, I would be very worried about what other half done jobs there are as well
Lovely sunny morning here and girls off out in a bit. Cariad sulking as I made her go out with the others, hoiw cruel am I. She's done the wee'ing where she chooses in a circle round the bed mat, again, its pretty big she can't miss it, she's being a real madam,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, June and all to follow.
Weather not so good here today bit chilly and cold. I have been told by one of the older gentlemen of the village it will burn off and become sunny by lunchtime.

Sue that is terrible for your son I ma sure he has had enough by now.
Eileen love your Buddha and glad you were spoilt.
griff so very sorry to hear about your friends OH.
June sounds like Cariad is keeping you on your toes.

Had some nice presents yesterday and cards for mothers day. Grape hyacinths in a lovely wooden trug from Michael and Maca Saturday when we met up and scented candles, wax melts, notebook and maltesers my faves in a lovely pink trug from Mark, Lauren and Joel. Very spoilt.
Seething again here and Mark not happy he has received a letter from the school they have been sending them to a different address he was staying at when in Harlow and he has now updated it. Today he received a letter re: Joel's school attendance and if it doesn't improve he will be fined £60 as will Donna.
I said he needs to contact them and complain and tell them they have done absolutely nothing to move Joel in with Mark when he tried so hard during the summer and how do they expect him to do anything from 90 miles away not by choice.
He says he will wait till the fine then go to the higher authority above the school and make the complaint.

That welfare officer is a waste of space as he said she got him to do the dirty work during the summer and now he is still getting the backlash while she sits doing nothing it seems of any substance to help at all.
Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Eeeeek Sue, i would be terrifed to touch anything incase i got fried...electrics scare the life out of me Lol
Lynn, that is just disgusting...i really hope someone takes notice soon
Good morning Moyra...yes, you are right..i am sure she knows to ask me for anything she wants, going to get her a nice card tomorrow, the driver of the car was killed also...both outright
Oh dear TW, norty cariad Lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Hello all
Mum arrived home safely, fetched Buddy and he gave her a big fuss then sat and sulked just so she knows never ever leave him again I'll post the pic in a mo
Griff that's awful, your poor friend
TW oooh norty Carriad they do remind me of toddlers lol
Ooh heck Sue that would terrify me hope your son gets it sorted quickly
Moyra it confuses me when the clocks go forward
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Mandy so sorry overlooked you this morning. So glad you had a nice time with your mum and nan and that mum is now home safe.
I hope the coverage of your stepdad's demise settles now.

What a day Mark didn't leave for work till 1pm won't be home till 9.30 thank goodness it's only a few minutes drive. tomorrow he will be leaving here early to take Joel to his check up.
Gill rang which was nice but I was then struggling to make up for lost time re: housework.
Anyway all done now had shower now sitting down with an amaretto coffee and two bags of wheat crunchies watching line of duty on catch up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Lynn, what you don't do today will still be there tomorrow.
Not surprised you are seething, Lynn. Could the NSPCC be of any help or advice maybe. I don't know, I mean he has had plenty of contact with the school as regards the situation, perhaps they could use the phone number they are given and join the dots as it were!!!
We only went onto British Summer Time today, stayed as we were yesterday as regards meal times and getting up. Laptop and phone changed themselves. I changed the car today and not done the kitchen clock, but am now on BST this afternoon in my head.
Took both lots of girls onto the field in shifts and got some piccies, as wanting some memories in the sunshine, because it sure as heck won't be easy as time goes on. Cariad was even Nortier than ever last night. I said she was headbutting me, she then disappeared and I caught her in the utility where the breakfasts were, or should I say Had Been, she had eaten 3 out of the 5. She's pretty good normally, I wouldn't leave stuff out and not be around, but I wanted to strangle her last night as she blatantly did it to annoy me, and then glared at me when she got a telling off. 3 of them had to have tuna for breakfast, her and Kesh got normal brekkies, the others had a made up one as I had no more meat defrosted for them. Luckily I had enough veg, but I was livid with her. She didn't get her bedtime carrot after that, which was what it was all about.
Here's some piccies from this morning

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Lovely photos of the girls June. Considering what Cariad has been through she certainly is making up for it one way and another.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Lovely pictures June.
Eek wouldn't want to be Cariad right now.
Everything was passed over to the NSPCC in the summer June the welfare officer twisted his arm to send all he knew over.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >