Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WheatenDaneMom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2011, 01:37 AM

Wheaten & Dane Pooches

We recently "adopted" (term said loosely because he is not from a shelter but has already been pushed around the country through mills, brokers, pet shops and two homes... so he's at his forever home now) a 13 week old Wheaten.

This is his first ride home

First bath:

And now with his new summer "lion cut"

And here he is with our long time family member... our 7 1/2 year old natural eared Great Dane. Who's horribly camera shy And not thrilled with our new friend.

Not a dog... but the last puuurfect member of our family

lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 01:46 AM
awww they are all so cute xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Bless you for taking on this lovely lad. He and your Dane are gorgeous. Cute kitty too!

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:51 AM
They're all beautiful I love your Dane
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 07:19 AM
They are all gorgeous. Loving the wheatens 'lion' summer look!
What are all their names?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Gorgeous pictures

My dog plays with a female Wheaton at the park quite often. She's a real livewire and has got a lot bigger since we first met her.

I love the 'lion cut', very cute

More pics of your Great Dane please
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Bless 'em Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Gorgeous pics, I love your Dane The second to last pic is soooooo cute! And your Wheaten looks so cheeky
WheatenDaneMom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2011, 01:19 AM
I think this is the only other picture I have of him About 2 months ago my computer crashed. I was unable to recover the THOUSANDS of pictures I had and videos. I cried for days. I am just starting to rebuild but every time I try to take a pic he cowers his face and puts his ears back. I always joke about his camera shy behavior saying he was amish in a past life (amish don't believe in having their pictures taken).

Phoenix is our great dane (he's mine and my husband's first dog as a couple) and REALLY was a looker in his youth. He stands 37 1/2" at the shoulders, his head goes above my belly button and I am 5'10. He's "aggressive breed aggressive" and has an INCREDIBLE 6th sense for shady people. If we don't like someone, he doesn't. Very protective and kind.... doesn't play with the kids but tollerates them very well. We let him run in his old age... my parents have 20 acres and when the sun goes down he can romp until he's tired and come home. (just not during hunting season!) He lives a good life

Our pup is Brody (A nice irish name for an irish lad). For being a puppy mill dog... he's quite loving, inquisitive but obedient and smart. He has soiled his crate (which I press on bad puppy handling) and puppy nips -- but we're working on that he really catches on!!! He's taken to me and I have loved him very early on. We love his lion cut... and since he's so heat sensitive and we do a lot of camping... so does he. Although when I bring him places people always think he's a designer mix. Which saddens me because I have reservations about 1st generation cross breeding. I am very lucky to have two wonderful unique dogs
WheatenDaneMom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2011, 01:28 AM
The one very funny thing about Phoenix is he LOVES pillow pets. He drags them across the room and strategically places them on the couch so when he lays down he rests his head on one and the other is between his front legs -- sounds bizarre I know!!! Huge pillow fan
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >