Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Poor you Helene having to go without Christmas
When hubby's ears were blocked with wax the surgery nurse suggested Bicarbonate of Soda drops from the chemist.
They were amazing, the wax poured out (yuck yuckity yuck!)
Might be worth a try.
Get well soon xx
ETA and Dave
Thanks Jenny, I wonder if they're the same as I got, i.e. the Otex ones, but I think it's hydrogen peroxide in those, I'll take a look. I wish the same would happen to my wax, but I think it's well compacted, hard and crusty and nothing is touching it yet Lol, sounds a but like me at the moment Jen!!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Oh no, nothing worse is there. Why is it always at Christmas.

I had a similar experience (at Christmas too) and ended up with a burst ear drum. I would try not to blow your nose too much if you can, my ear drum went because of a vaccuum in the escutcheon tube.

Hugs to you and Dave, take care
Oh that's interesting, coz I think I have the same, as I read online that if I rub the bit downwards behind my ear lobe it will bring some relief, but of course, it's very, very painful to even do that atm, sometimes I can, and it does bring relief, so I wonder if that actually is the escutcheon tube under there? Sorry you had the same thing and at Christmas too It's really is the worst pain and I've had some pretty bad tooth abcesses, but nothing quite touches this! Thanks for my hugs xxx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I suffer with excess wax, Aitch, and I really feel for you - I think earache is the worst pain in the world.

I always use warm olive oil, consistently, and eventually it softens up and comes out.

If yours is compacted, and it sounds like it is, I would "oil" it regularly, and then when they syringe it, it'll come out easily.

Big hugs, darling..... nowt worse than feeling like poo over Christmas xxx
Thanks Vicki, I'm doing it half a dozen times a day, especially when it's really painful, it seems to help with the pain. Sorry you suffer with this too, but I've never had ear problems ever, except once when I was a kid I remember mum pouring some hot olive oil into my ear (think it was a bit too hot, but then that's my mum lol!)

I feel sooooo guilty too, that I got your lovely card, and yours is still sitting on the table, coz I started doing them, felt so c*ap, that I just left them there, I'm so sorry Vicki, but Happy Christmas to you and Baz from us lot!xxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:36 PM
No it's not the same (hydrogen peroxide is bleach)
I have got a thing about these drops and won't use them but thats just me.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Aitch! For heavens sake, hon, don't worry about a bloody Christmas card......

x0x

cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Have only had earache once and NEVER want to have it again. Do hope you get some relief soon
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:35 PM
All ear drops should be warmed to body temp H, wheat bags are good substitute for hot water bottle(inside a towel)

I have only once had earache when I was a lot younger & I was on holiday in Austria. My hosts(was a school swop thingy)made made me a Lavender pillow which was warmed in their Aga like oven & used warmed Olive Oil-the relief was wonderful.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh H you are in a bad then! Sorry I just sent you a PM to ask if (and hoping that) you were over all this! (Don't need to reply now) It must be awful and like you say it's sure gonna mess up your Xmas. Here's hoping it doesn't get worse and somehow you can get by until the doc. can see you. Will be thinking of you and Dave this weekend but if it's any help we'll not be going anywhere either, just too much dam work digging the car out
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Awwww....so sorry to hear this Aitch. I've suffered with a few ear infections and spent Christmas Eve one year in A&E with a chest infection so know what it's like to be poorly at Christmas.

I was sat New Years Eve in my dressing gown and my newly purchased 'shoes'. Bet buying some new shoes online will ease the pain a little

Big hugs honey xxxxxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 11:50 PM
ouch Helena, OH had a blocked ear and he has a lot of pain with it, it wasn't infected though, just painful, the doctor suggested drops (called waxol, not sure what it will be called there ) or olive oil to soften it up before they syringed it out (about 3days later) gross but cool at the same time. And the pain went a few hours later, I can't believe they wouldn't do it sooner, it is so quick and simple and immediate relief.
Hopefully something can be done soon xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 01:04 AM
You have my sympathy

I suffer with ear ache all the time I've spent the last two months at the ear, nose and throat department every week....I found warm olive oil to be the best, then a hot water bottle to help melt the wax.

Really hope you get some relief from it, and soon *Hugs*
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3