View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Diarrhea problem linked to daily routines.

My new lad does not have the best of stomachs. A change of food or extra treats is enough to make him loose. My problem is he is also affected by worry or excitement so if we go out in the car he has an upset tummy. However short the journey, but I can't leave him at home as he has a really upset tummy if I leave them for even 5 minutes. Does anyone know of anything that might help in these situations?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 01:36 PM
This seems uite common in GSD's chuck (again lol)

Jess gets what I call excitey-poo, which is what it "says on the tin" really.

The only thing I could think that would help really is giving him a bone to gnaw on so it firms him up.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately because of the damage hr did to his teeth, we think on a metal chain when he was tied up, before I had him he can't manage a bone, Thanks Jen
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2009, 12:12 PM
One of the things is to try to keep as calm as you can. His stress will feed on yours.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2009, 12:38 PM
what a dilemma.

I have read on some of the american forums they use pumpkin to firm up dogs stools. Or could you split his meal into a Kong when you go out and maybe that would take his attention off you going out of the house.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
what a dilemma.

I have read on some of the american forums they use pumpkin to firm up dogs stools. Or could you split his meal into a Kong when you go out and maybe that would take his attention off you going out of the house.
Thanks I may try pumpkin. n the car its stress & excitement Ithink. In the house my bitch is also stressed when I go out. She was a lot better as my old boy was very calm & was helping her, but now he's died & I've got this one she is getting worse again. I have had to cage her as it helps, but doesn't help Boyo he's worse in a cage & I get complaints from the neighbours.
Fortunately nothing seems to upset the bitches tummy tummy.