Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Afternoon all
My head hurts! Had to reply to the solicitor and barrister, been dodging it for 2 weeks....well the reply and statement was written but I just didn't have the time to put it into an email, it's done now though!
Christmas films...already!! Tj Hughes have their Christmas trees and lights out for sale, I very nearly went in lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 02:59 PM
One of the garden centres near here has all their Christmas displays up and running. Way too early, but they seem to be doing good business with folk going to look
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Think some people will be shopping for Christmas early because of possible lockdown restrictions also cheers some up. For me not sure where I will be so Christmas is not on my radar just yet. Sad because it used to be. This year I will be on my own but it is only one day, isn't it? I can only be happier.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 04:10 PM
Brenda, will you not be invited to a friend's?? If I had my own house, you would have been welcome with me......I mentioned Christmas to my mum the other day and that I had looked at a hotel incase my brother's coming....the one I went to last year is housing asylum seekers now....my mate Rob told me off for not calling him last year so I might just go stay with him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
the one I went to last year is housing asylum seekers now....my mate Rob told me off for not calling him last year so I might just go stay with him.

So a group of people who were living in some mud huts in Africa get preference over local people who want a hotel for one or two nights. Sorry but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I think you should tell Rob that you'll definately be comming if your brother shows up. Do right by him and give him plenty of notice and make sure he understand the criteria i.e. brother comes I'm with you, and say what you'll buy and where you want him to take you

I think it's nice he offered but make sure he knows when and for how long and who'se going to do what, then you could have a nice Christmas
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Haha Harvey, Rob will absolutely ruin me!! I have known him since I was 14 and he would do anything for me, he was proper livid I didn't turn up last year.... I don't need to let him know, I just knock the door and he will always welcome me.
Yeah.... there's 3 hotels here housing them, people are furious, don't get me wrong it's not the best hotel but I was happy enough. It's a Britannia one as well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
So a group of people who were living in some mud huts in Africa get preference over local people who want a hotel for one or two nights. Sorry but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I think you should tell Rob that you'll definately be comming if your brother shows up. Do right by him and give him plenty of notice and make sure he understand the criteria i.e. brother comes I'm with you, and say what you'll buy and where you want him to take you

I think it's nice he offered but make sure he knows when and for how long and who'se going to do what, then you could have a nice Christmas
Excellent advice, plus you need a back up plan given the "quarantine" that may be in place. Or given your health your Mom's health maybe better for your brother to go elsewhere.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I don't need to let him know, I just knock the door and he will always welcome me.

That's great, it's not often you find someone like that, but I would still suggest that it's only courteous to tell him that you may have to take him up on his offer, after all if you say nothing and turn up on the night he planned a romantic evening with some one it could be embarrising all round.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
maybe better for your brother to go elsewhere.

You mean like some mud hut in Africa, the way I see it there must be a lot of vacant properties over there so he would be welcome
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2