Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Moyra, Sue, Lynn, Griff and all who follow

Will go back and check recent threads, just wanted to say hope all is well in your world.

Saw the Macmillan consultant on Thursday, my lung cancer is a fairly common type so treatment is known.

It's either chemotherapy or imunotherapy. He wants to start me on the chemo route which will be three sessions each three weeks apart starting July 8th.

Don't have to stay overnight, it's all done on an 'outpatient' basis, takes all day 'tho and of course many side effects, 'tho not everyone gets all of them.

If I take my oxygen with me I can still get out for a while and walk the dogs. Bruno is gradually settling down 'tho I think it will be a bit longer before he's really looking at us as his 'forever' home, not surprising really since he's had quite a few homes in his life. Xena is such a joy, and has changed since Bruno came, she now loves her walks and is so excited to be able to run around in the forrest.

Will try to look in latter today after I've done a catch up

Sending love and hugs...……….and remember if you need anything ASK...….happy to oblige.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, good luck with the chemo, if I can answer any questions for you I will try my best, I will say, keep a close eye on yourself, any different cough, fever etc get to the Dr or A&E if needs be and don't ignore sore throats. Big hugs to you xx

Thank you, there may well be some things, always thought you were a 'sensible' one
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The treatment isn't nice, but for many, many people it is highly successful. Everything crossed that you are one of the many success cases x

Thank you Chris, it's nice to get 'real life' references, much better than what a lot of the media put out which I have my doubts about
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Kazz, Lynn, Moyra thanks for all your good wishes.

Moyra looks like I might have more time indoors so I must try to get on top of the photos and post something here.

Last few days Bruno has been playing a game with us, he'll start to run in the hope you'll follow him, then he stands and waits while you approach, then just as you reach out for his collar he turns and runs again

We know he's 'teasing' us, he knows he's more agile and faster than we are We only do it in the garden, on our walks he is still on the long lead because we don't think he's really settled just yet, but he is a big softy, can't help loving him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Harvey, he does sound a lovely dog, full of fun. Bless him and xena must help him settle soon. Do look after yourself. God bless you all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Evening peeps. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Ever found it weird when emailing people and having to remember what time zone they are in? If I contact my daughter in USA she is 5 hours behind me and if I contact my cousin in New Zealnad she in tomorrow already. Have a good evening. Going to watch that new Beecham thing to see if it is any good.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Harvey...i am far from sensible but having struggled my own way through glad to help! hopefully you won't need me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 09:51 PM
I may not be around for the next few days, a very good friend of mine has passed away,. from sending jokey messages 5 days ago to him being gone.....I can't stop crying
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Aw Kelly. It's always so very, very hard to come to terms with. Big <hugs> x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I may not be around for the next few days, a very good friend of mine has passed away,. from sending jokey messages 5 days ago to him being gone.....I can't stop crying

So sorry Griffy dearest, try to remember the nice things (jokey messages etc.)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2