View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Brenda, I would just do as Lynn says, wash, gently dry and freeze...I actually dehydrate them, mum likes them in porridge
Sue, I was well chuffed with Simon and I did make it up to see Steve and saw the lovely Molly
Lol Christmas...I will need to start my shopping soon otherwise nobody will have anything to open
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Now then for all you gardeners of produce. I have picked loads of raspberries. They have never been sprayed but there are a few teeny tiny bugs which I have removed. But you never know if there are any left on the raspberries. The question is: Should I wash before freezing? Also bearing in mind that we eat some when picking should we eat before washing them? What do you do? Can I ask Kazz whereabouts in England do you live?
I am in Birmingham just down the road from Griff in Coventry. Visitors welcome, Not been a fruit veg grower at all no opinion on the washing or simply freezing but there again for years everyone washed chicken before cooking but now the information is don't.

So thinking sidewards if you were going to eat not freeze would you wash them before eating? if No then just freeze if yes then was before freezing. Think I would simply freeze after general check over.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Weather has turned for the better nice gentle breeze but not raining sun is getting through in patches so bedding on the line. Having a nice day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Never grown anything myself either Kazz, I tried tomatoes and I really looked after them but...nothing
Just bought my first Christmas present lol... it's the only way I can afford to get people gifts, no idea about my brother this year, maybe I can get something for his place on the coast if the sale goes through
Made pasta bake again for dinner, gosh it doesn't half tire me out, noticing lots of changes in doing things...I may go to trying to cook every other week
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2