Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Good news about the car Moyra.
Glad you got the car seat cover washed and dried Kazz.

Gorden has been working at the Institute of Education for 6 years this year Kazz as a lecturer in early years education. Got the job just before we had to move to Norfolk while he worked part time he was looking for something nearer to Upwell but since he semi retired 18 months ago he has stopped looking we seem to have the right balance now and of course I do not have the stress living here that I did in Upwell.
He will fully retire in 4 to 5 years.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Barry's just brought my car back. £65 , just a couple of pairs of wipers is all she cost over the MOT. Brilliant. Now all I have to do is renew the insurance and also the tax. That's the expensive bit. £188 for insurance which I think is pretty reasonable and £160 for tax, which I think is diabolical. Still she is worth every penny. Just read what you put Kazz how prophetic is that!

Well shake me senseless...……...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good news about the car Moyra.
Glad you got the car seat cover washed and dried Kazz.

Gorden has been working at the Institute of Education for 6 years this year Kazz as a lecturer in early years education. Got the job just before we had to move to Norfolk while he worked part time he was looking for something nearer to Upwell but since he semi retired 18 months ago he has stopped looking we seem to have the right balance now and of course I do not have the stress living here that I did in Upwell.
He will fully retire in 4 to 5 years.

Yes I recall and I have to say I am not surprised given that you are more settled here than anywhere.
A good life balance.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Yeh, car taxed and insured as well so I am now a happy bunny!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Yeh, car taxed and insured as well so I am now a happy bunny!
Yeah so what is for dinner in the icebreaking talks tonight then?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 02:45 PM
No I phoned him told him the news but he thinks he wont be home until about 7 so told me he will see to himself when he comes in. I was going to do pork ribs in hoisin sauce but he says no because he has to work tomorrow and they may upset his tummy. He'll probably settle for sausage, egg, chips and beans.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Glad the car passed Moyra
Kazz, hope you got the cover dry before the rain..true to form, it pelted it down just after I left
Lynn, I too am thrilled that you are happy
Archives was interesting, lots of differences but I actually really like that place..I don't do quiet but it's nice there. Remembered to get my father's Day cards, 1 for dad and one for Steve off Molly ( he did have a daughter so I always get him a card and present) my dad's had a couple of pairs of insoles for his boots and just got him a pen, and I got Steve a box of sweets. He is off for his tattoo tomorrow, that'll be a couple of hours I should think and then hopefully we will be able to grab something to eat afterwards
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

Yay we got a full walk (well our medium walk) in and stayed dry. We've had a couple of light rain showers but now the much needed sun is shining.

People have been great here. Over 70 homes were evacuated and accommodation of one sort or another has been offered and taken up by them all. True community spirit.

Gary is doing great with his glasses and still thinks they are magic

Dave managed the full walk this morning without the scooter. His main problem at the moment is a small pain in his side which seems to be muscular and the need to get to a toilet fast when he needs to go. That being the case, the scooter will still be brought out to play whenever it is dry for a short while yet.

Gary has a windows 10 laptop and a windows 10 tablet, but they just won't talk to each other. How stupid is that? Looked up the problem online and it appears there hundreds of others having the same problem with no resolution found as yet. Knew that windows 10 tablet was a mistake, but when Gary makes his mind up on something, there's no shifting him.

Glad the MOT went well, Moyra. It always seems like such a personal achievement when they sail through doesn't it?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 04:06 PM
I'm confused who is this helper I am supposed to have or is this another Brenda with my name?The only helper I have is a fairy. lol!! Didn't rain here at all in the end. What archives are you looking at Kelly? Is it to do with the house? I love looking up my ancestors. Another good tv tonight. At least for me. Have a good evening everyone, whatever you get up to. Time goes by quickly doesn't it everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I'm confused who is this helper I am supposed to have or is this another Brenda with my name?The only helper I have is a fairy. lol!! Didn't rain here at all in the end. What archives are you looking at Kelly? Is it to do with the house? I love looking up my ancestors. Another good tv tonight. At least for me. Have a good evening everyone, whatever you get up to. Time goes by quickly doesn't it everyone.
Thought you had "employed" your granddaughter? Could be wrong though I stand or sit to be corrected.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >