Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 05:52 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 6th June

Good morning everyone

Sorry news wasn't so good Harvey and hope you won't need to carry oxygen around with you for long and things return to normal. Naughty dogs but they obviously missed having all the family together.

Pleased Gary's appointment went well. Hopefully he will get used to his glasses, it can take a few days. David must be so pleased to be able to shower again I know Barry couldn't wait to have a bath.

Oh dear Griff they must be having a party having won over their issues and making you look a fool. I would still press on with the drive issue though.

Lovely morning here. Have decided not to wait until the start of next week to decorate the lounge so after taking Teazle out will take the curtains down and then take them to the dry cleaners. Will then fill up a few cracks and will be ready to start the painting tomorrow.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 06:38 AM
Good morning sue
Hope the decorating goes well, Steve was supposed to do the living room when he was off...he couldn't find the motivation though so it's still not done.
We will have to press on with the legal things, the home insurance are really dragging their feet, haven't even passed our case to a solicitor yet....and that's a month after getting in touch. Still find it hard to believe that councils have planning rules and you can just ignore them and if caught pay the fee and that's it... nevermind
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Good morning Sue and Griff and those to follow. I trust all the four legged friends as well as yourselves are all well. Harvey , thinking of you and hope the oxygen necessary at the moment will soon no longer be necessary.

Have a good day everyone, take care, keep warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2019, 08:24 AM
Morning Sue, griff Moyra and all to follow.

Lovely warm day here again today. Popping out later for fish food for the Terrors who have loads of babies still they all seemed to of survived this time with dad free to roam to although mum kept him back down the other end. We also have the singleton we managed to get out a few weeks ago in the small tank. Looks like we may have quite a few eventually to trade for food and plants.
Have to return a parcel to amazon bought a dog harness for Dillon that is to small so have had to order another from somewhere else. Got to do this scan thing from my phone at the post office later never done this before. Hope it goes as it should.
Also ordered a bread bin yesterday ended up ordering two by mistake no a good day for ordering things so waiting on two refunds now.

Sue good luck with the decorating.
Chris hope Gary adjust quickly to the glasses and glad Dave seems to be improving quickly now.
griff greasing of palms I wonder and wonder who they maybe know in the council. All seems very bizarre that they are getting away with so much and you are having it swung around to you. Maybe their solicitor knows of someone that is enabling all this to go ahead.
Moyra those shed boxes Harvey mentioned are good we use our two for all sorts. You can padlock them if needed.
You really need to be able to start to get things in order for your peace of mind it has gone on for so long now the disregard that this is your home and he is a guest.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Morning all.

Had a dream last night which is unusual for me very odd; and very memorable which is even odder.

I was supposed to be taking an exam had been interviewed by the television and had seen the Queen about it - Lord knows. On going to the exam I was forced over by the people trying to stop me taking the exam. I got out of the car to move the object they put down to block me and while doing so the car went off on its own and I ran after it I could not I suspect catch it but went to the exam and was called out by a policeman who wanted to know why the car was driving on its own..... I woke up then no idea what this means if indeed anything.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Goodness Kazz, that's an odd one!!
Lynn, hope the phone thing goes o.k, is it the barcode thing they are scanning? And my mum managed to place 3 orders for cat food last night, paid for one and I am trying to cancel the other 2 off
I have no idea how they are getting away with all this stuff, the lad who looked into everything was very apologetic...he doesn't like what they have done but unfortunately he is powerless to do anything... nevermind, it will all get sorted out
Have had awful pains in my tummy all night and just went all faint, I came back in the house sharpish
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Hope everyone's day goes well I am not planning much got things to do but not sure what I will do nothing urgent so a case of see what I start first.

Chris glad the opticians and therefore the glasses went well, lets hope he does not find a Jo 90 pair on the web and want those LOL Glad you hubby is improving.

Sue Well done staring early on the decorating.

Harvey Glad everything went well with your appointment and hope the oxygen will be temporary, but either way good they noticed and acted to improve it.

Moyra Apply to get a flat in sheltered housing, lady over the way from me applied and has one now she rented privately also but her health which sounds similar to our dictated she needed the extra care. Then leave Steve with the mess and the flat. The storage box is a good idea but I am sure if he wanted to he would of done something by now he could not be oblivious to the situation just indifferent to your concerns.

Lynn So easy to do when ordering online. One glance out of the window and whoops 15000 ordered LOL have a god day.

To everyone have fun see you all later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Have an appointment with the archives department tomorrow from 10-11 am, I am hoping my dad can have the day off and come with me as I have no clue what I am supposed to be doing lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2019, 10:01 AM
I have been given a small job of refixing the curtain rail supports. Yet again another bodge up using the wrong rawplugs for plasterboard. They had used the normal type when in actual fact they should have used ones like these

Jst goes to show how little they actually knew. brain dead I call it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2019, 11:55 AM
My car was supposed to go in for an MOT assessment today and he said he would pick it up he still hasn't so I e-mailed to say I was anxious was it going to get done? I have heard nothing back. Looks like I shall have to take it somewhere else.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >