View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 12:56 PM
I suspect they have done this before so know exactly what they can get away with, oh well...karma will get them in the end
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Good luck at the opticians Chris.
Good news Dave has been signed off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Chris, good news about Dave and I do hope he takes it easy for a while. Really hope the opticians goes o.k with Gary
Mum works at the council and the lad she has been dealing with is not happy himself about things so I guess the information is correct...I just find it very very odd. Steve is livid, if he lived here I would be getting visiting orders to go and see him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Not good Kelly, why the hell do they have these rules because once one gets away with breaking them then more will also. Do you think he 'knows' somebody in the Council there is so much back hander business going on a lot of corruption!

Not saying he is corrupt but it does lead one to wonder?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2019, 02:22 PM
The drainage grid in front of the garage was rusted up something terrible and an eyesaw, let alone bent.
So today Sue and i went out and bought a new set

Easy fit you would think. Off with the old and in with the new. Not in this house.
Apart from having to take off the downpipe as it sat right on top of the grid, so removed and cut off a lot from the top and replaced. The big problem was the concrete troughs the grid sits on were different heights causing to old grid to not lie flat. Concrete dust shows where i had to level

So out with the stone angle grinder to try and level the grid tops better. Not a complete success but a hell of a lot better than before. That is not including getting a bucket full of mud out as well.

before

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Oh Barry, why cannot some of these jobs goes smoothly without a load of trouble. Well done anyway you did a good job. I am looking for a good handyman with a van to carry stuff away to the tip whether Steve wants it or NOT!!!

His rubbish from slate rocks and stones etc is driving me potty as well as other stuff he is hoarding like fish tanks of various sizes we do not want!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Something isn't right Moyra, just spoken to my mum again and she said a letter is being sent out stating they have breached planning but apparently from what the council can see it's acceptable and as long as they put in for planning it will be granted...I guess at least the council will get their fee. I guess life just sucks sometimes and bullies can get away with anything
Good job sue and Barry
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 02:36 PM
it does make you wonder Kelly?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
The drainage grid in front of the garage was rusted up something terrible and an eyesaw, let alone bent.
So today Sue and i went out and bought a new set

Easy fit you would think. Off with the old and in with the new. Not in this house.
Apart from having to take off the downpipe as it sat right on top of the grid, so removed and cut off a lot from the top and replaced. The big problem was the concrete troughs the grid sits on were different heights causing to old grid to not lie flat. Concrete dust shows where i had to level

So out with the stone angle grinder to try and level the grid tops better. Not a complete success but a hell of a lot better than before. That is not including getting a bucket full of mud out as well.

before

That is a cracking job, well done looks lots better although did not look bad before never realised they went rusty though you live and learn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Kelly, if you get a situation where an application is put in as a retrospective request for planning consent do you as neighbours still get a right to Object and if not surely there should be a right to object about that too!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >