Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2016, 07:05 PM

Beagle World Record

On the 23rd. of April 2017, at Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire, Beagle Welfare and the Merseyside Beagle Club will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the greatest number of dogs of a single breed to be walked at one time. There is a dedicated site on F'book which is titled, Beagle World Record. This gives the details for registering an interest, and the rules which will have to apply to the attempt. The number being aimed for is 1000.
There will be a celebrity opening, and a small companion show to follow the main event.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Today the number of enlisted Beagles reached 741! However, the organisers will not be happy until there are at least 1000 Beagles signed up. If you know any Beagle owners who may be interested in supporting this charity event, please spread the word!
Judy Sealey
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I am not on [a social network]. Is ther another way to register
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2017, 06:15 PM
This has been organised by the Merseyside Beagle Club if you know anyone that is a member. If not, I will try to find out for you on the Beagle World Record site.
This is growing into a very big event, I think somewhere around 1600 Beags have declared an interest - or at least, their owners have. Of course there are bound to be some cancellations before the day, but it will be a once in a lifetime sight.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Reply to your enquiry is,
It will not matter if one or two just turn up on the day. Remember all Beags must be over 12 months, and to bring proof of breed, ie. KC reg. OR vaccination card with breed filled in by vet. Any puppies can do an unofficial walk afterwards, but will not count towards the record. There will be a companion Beagle show afterwards, and some food and tradestands. The cost is £20 per family, for any number of Beags, but one person can only walk one dog. We are all to be given a memento of the event.
Proceeds are to be divided between Beagle Welfare and Unite to Care charities.

I only joined social media to support this event, and really do suggest that you do too. Following the journey of the dedicated organisers has been a real eye opener, and there is so much more information on site. The entire plan of the day is there, and the amazing photos of the day - some ariel - will be appearing on there. You could always disengage at the end of April if it's really not your bag.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Latest contact. For people who do not have social media, this site has been set up to provide information, and to allow Beagles to be added to the total.
http://www.beagleworldrecord.com/
Hope this helps.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Oh my that is a lot of Beagles! Do hope they make the record.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm sure we will Ezee. If we do fail it will be on a technicality.
Around 1600 Beagles - What could possibly go wrong?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Sounds like it could be fun.

Good luck with the record - it would be great to see.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2017, 06:52 PM
An update. We all had a brilliant day at Capesthorne on Sunday, but I'm sorry to report that we are likely to have missed the world record, which was (unofficially) set by 951 English Bulldogs in February, in Mexico City. It is estimated that although there were well over 1000 Beagles on site, not all of these were eligible for the walk, (under 12months. etc.). There were far more absentees than anticipated, and 40 people who took part managed to not present their check out tokens, so our total was only 887 - a British record?
However, the charities did really well out of the attempt, and that was the main purpose. We WILL get it next time! The hounds loved the day, and I didn't hear a single grumble - they instinctively became a giant pack, most of them having a single objective - to be at the front. There are lots of videos of the day on YouTube, if anyone is interested. Beagle clubs all over the world showed their support by synchronising their annual walks with the UK attempt. Arooooo!