View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
the person hes hopefully going to has a neuterd male [ni] and spayed bitch [rotty] she will castrate him and has no intentions of breedin any dogs,shes a animal beaviourist and also works wit a pack of wolves.i think he will have a wonderful life with her as dose her other dogs.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw View Post
Maybe I worded things not the best way, but I wanted to try and add everything I could think of about him and being intact is quite important
I did point out that he has faults so hoped that would show he is not for breeding

I never knew that they are not allowed to charge for wild animal rescues, before they have often treated wild rescues that I've taken in free, but this time they did charge, I thought it was perhaps because I insisted on taking the birds on, I knew if I handed them over to the SSPCA or just left them at the vet they would all have been put down
Quite a few of them will never be able to fly so I will be keeping them for life, I know alot of people wont agree with that because they will not lead a natural life, but crows do tame very well and I see it as not really different to say keeping a parrot, as long as they are well cared for and have lots of room and things to keep them active and occupied
I know its not suitable for all wild creatures, but crows can make very good pets
Hope Burr gets his home, and I just wanted to say, well done for caring.......
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Bev hope Burr gets re homed soon, I for one know you are much too caring a person to have flipintly passed Burr on without the new owners being put straight as to the nutering...just a pity this thread was picked at, wonder if those folks picking away would be so quick with another breed...
I know you will make sure Burr has a loving forever home xx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Bev hope Burr gets re homed soon, I for one know you are much too caring a person to have flipintly passed Burr on without the new owners being put straight as to the nutering...just a pity this thread was picked at, wonder if those folks picking away would be so quick with another breed...
I think if you read back through many sections, the same things Have indeed been said to people about many other breeds.

So stop playing the 'Picking on NIs' Card, its boring
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
just a pity this thread was picked at, wonder if those folks picking away would be so quick with another breed...
If more people 'picked' as you put it and others gave more thought as to why they were breeding in the first place/if they could accommodate all the puppies they bred should they be returned for any reason, there would be a lot less dogs in rescues/being PTS because they are unwanted.

I think our thoughts should be with the dogs rather than those who breed them.
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I also can't understand why all the interest in this thread, the breeder has taken the dog back and is finding a new family for him, don't know what the problem is with this.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by arctic.wolf View Post
I also can't understand why all the interest in this thread, the breeder has taken the dog back and is finding a new family for him, don't know what the problem is with this.
Because the way he was advertsied (.....he is Entire) could have been taken as an advertising for selling a Stud dog, when most breeders will desex before rehoming.

The issue wasnt with rehoming or taking back, but the seemingly lack of responsibility for rehoming a entire male. It's been cleared up now thought I think
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Neutering first does indeed get brought up if the info that it has been / will be done before homing is not mentioned in any rehoming thread - yes, regardless of the breed

Had it not been brought up, the misunderstanding over the wording, [ which did indeed look more like `potential stud ` than anything else ], would not have been cleared up as it has been Also, please bear in mind that not everyone knows PJ, many readers of the forum are not members but are passing through, often when searching for a new companion so if you consider that and had read the opening post without knowing PJ, can you honestly say you would have known from it what the homing criteria would be regarding neuter given it being mentioned specifically that he is intact at this time ?

PJ does`nt seem to have taken offence at all, at least I hope not, and has edited the opening post as a result so the feedback has had the positive and clarifying result which was hoped for and now anyone reading who might give Burr a home, [ if the one which is a potential does`nt pan out ], will now know in advance that if they had any thoughts of breeding from him that its a no-go before wasting PJ and Burrs time

Sadly there are unscrupulous people out there who consider any entire dog from any source to be a potential breeding machine and they don`t care if the dog is a rescue or not, nor what breed or cross breed a dog is if they think they can get a cheap / free dog to make money from hence yes it does get brought up if a rehoming post has`nt already clarified the neutering aspect regardless of breed - inkliveeva, don`t take it so personally just because of him being NI, that is not what the neuter responses are about

Edited to add, here is an example, posted by madmare who is a very close friend of mine, I know she is pro-neuter but not everyone else does.
She forgot to comment on neuter status in the opening post for the dog she was helping her son find a home for, so when neuter was mentioned on her rehome thread I felt no need to jump on anyone to defend her and she knew herself that it was a very important issue to be raised

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=61492

It is also a very good thread for anyone thinking about breeding to see that yes sometimes dogs do come back, and the breeder then has to set about unexpectedly needing to find a good home for a dog past `cute puppy` stage and that its not as easy as they might think.
For that aspect, PJ has demonstrated very well that you never know when something like this might be dropped on a breeder to deal with and that as a breeder its duty pure and simple to step up and take responsibility, which she has done.
Anyone reading this thread might think twice if they think breeding comes with no responsibility once the pups have been sold and if what PJ is having to sort out now serves to put just one potential breeder off then I`m sure she will be pleased to have some good come out of it as well as finding a home for Burr.

Hopefully now its all cleared up we can get on with hoping Burr has a lovely new home to settle in to very soon
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
YES I would advise neutering on ANY breed of dog if its a rescue/rehome.. and I also advocate neutering of pet quality dogs aswell (which this dog was also pointed out to be)
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:07 PM
malady don't think you can possibly have an opinion imo, in your own case nutering at least 1 shouldv'e been foremost in your mind, accidents happen...but in Burrs case all this guy wants and bev is a forever loving home intact or not !
edited to say, if I was rescuing and the dog was free especially... I would have no problem footing that bill !
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >