Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Fish Cake!

Me and my little sister will be attempting to make a fish cake for my Dad's birthday in Oct (obviously we've got a month to practice first)

We're going to make and ordinary sponge cake, I'm going to try and get some of that chocolate you can get and mould - to make it seem like fish bones (rib cages etc) and also for the decoration for the fins. Then we'll be covering it in some green (it took me 3 attempts to spell green right! ) ready made icing - and if I can't get that I'll be brushing green food colouring over it and then as it'll be a Perch or a Carp - it'll have some brown.

We're going to make fins out of sponge as well and cover them in the chocolate and red colouring.. etc and then liquorice eyeballs with glitter on the whole thing (edible glitter) to make it look freshly caught

Lets see if we can do it Duff Goldman is really giving me the ideas
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Pictures pleeeease lol x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Got to attempt it first - just going to make sure we can get the sponge right and the roll icing properly.. attempts I will take pictures of
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 03:34 PM
First attempt done (cake was made earlier) just need cake paints and colouring - but we know what we're doing now