Female 

09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Wonderful! Congrats!

Please return with pictures.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Haha my camera batteries are on charge already!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
How fab!!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Fingers XXXX here that all goes smoothly for you.......and pic's plse
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Haha thank you McFuzzyLugs and YoungStevie! There will definitely be lots of pics, my plan is to have a scrapbook for each year of her life as I really regret not having more pictures of my cat when she was alive!

Just a quick question, I was double checking my fencing in the garden when I got home (Thought I'd better check for any holes just in case!) and although the entire garden is fenced, there is about 2 metres where the fencing is not wood but thick wire (about 6ft high). It is securely fastened into the ground and quite thick so I don't think she'd be able to chew through it but do you think I would be best putting up some wooden panels as well? Am I just going overboard here?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 11:29 PM
You could half panel it from the ground upwards to put your mind at ease. We have a back gate wrought iron, but we have put thick mess over the top....don't know why really as our dogs are too big to squeeze through
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Haha yes I imagine Border Collies would have some trouble squeezing through little gaps I think I'll nip to homebase tomorrow and get some wood panels and have a go at half paneling then, thank you for the advice!
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Glad you found a dog, I can't wait to see the pictures, it must be adorable! being a minpin cross!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone, just an update! I went to pick up my dog today and everything is going really well so far! Her name is Molly and she is definitely the dog I've been dreaming about since I was 4! Thank you again for advising me to actually go and see her, they were very pleased with my garden fencing and didn't see any problem with sending her home with me!

The ride home was a bit stressful as she escaped from her dog pod and was sick a little bit but she has settled in well since we got her out of the pod. She was very full of beans and decided to take a little dip in the pond (Yum yum!) but I don't think she will be doing that again any time soon

I took her out for a long walk to tire her out a bit which she seemed to enjoy. We had to say hello to absolutely EVERYONE we passed but she was very polite and didn't jump up which I was very impressed with We also met some bikes which we liked and some motorbikes which we were a little bit less keen on...

I think the walk did the trick because she came for a snuggle at about 9 and fell fast asleep! She's in her bed now and hasn't started crying (yet!) so I'm hopeful that she'll be okay when I come down in the morning! The only thing I am worried about is that I think she has kennel cough but she will need to visit the vets this week anyway for a check over so I'm hoping they'll be able to sort her out

So, here she is!

(Please excuse the pajamas )
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh she's so beautiful! Congrats! It sounds like all is going swimmingly (pun intended ).

Kennel cough is pretty common so hopefully that will clear up quickly.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >