Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 06:31 PM

Fist obedience show in 5 years!!!

Hiya, just wondering if anybody can give me any information on which shows I should enter. I live in Cheshire. I have 2 border collies (one which I am competing with). The dog which I am competing with is very intelligent, he has never done a show before in obedience, but he has done agility but now retired because he has lost interest.

Can anybody recommend a show which is for beginners and what exactly will me and my dog have to do at a show.

Can anybody give me advice, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi Suze
I dont do obediance but this site might prove useful if you dont already know about it

http://www.obedienceuk.com/viewprofile.asp
jacey
New Member!
Female 

24-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi Suze

If you look on the obedience web site given by lel you will be able to find shows close to you on the list.

I asume you are still eligable for beginners at Open show so you can enter that and 1 other class. If there is a Pre-Beginner class scheduled I think you have to enter that as you must enter the lowest class you are eligable for.

Good Luck Jacey
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 08:42 PM
LOL I judged for the first time in over 5 years the other sunday & glad to say like riding a bike you never forget

As to what shows to enter at it depends on how far you want to travel & also what classes you ar eligible for as you have to enter in the lowest class you & your dogs are eligible for(unless you have another handler to handle him in the lowest class he is eligible for) for example I won out of Beginner with my first dog way back in 1971 so I am ineligible for any class below Novice, but my dogs are eligible with another handler who hadn't won out of Beginners. As only I handle my dogs they have to start in Novice

If you look at a few of the schedules on Ob Uk you will see that class wins/placements that take you out of Pre Beginners as I can't remember the current wins etc that take you out as they are due to change in July.
Arggh you can't look at the schedules there unless you are a member so try our clubsite show page as there is a schedule there Beverley BAGSD

Beginners is for handlers & dogs that have not won two beginner classes at open show or have not won a higher class

Novice for dogs that have not won two classes Novice or above

There are a few shows coming up in the North(York is on 1st May but entries have closed) Our Obedience show is in East Yorkshire & quite a laid back show as we run it for the exhibitors as none of our members are in competitive obedience at this time & we fly by the seat of our pants

Ooops I forgot in the lower classes you have Heel on Lead, Heel Free, Recall Sit stay & down stay + retrieve in Beginners(any articke) & Novice(dumbbell) + Temp Test in Novice
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks 4 all ure information!!! I'm going to enter a show a.s.a.p!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 07:23 PM
If you do wander across the pennines to God's own county to our show I'm the Chief Steward & Chef to the judges