Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 08:26 AM

Daily Thread,Wednesday, 27th January, 2021

Good morning all. hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take it easy and above everything stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet day here today underfoot. Meant to be getting colder here by Saturday again, this part of the country anyway.

Not a lot on today taking the car for a run later to keep the battery charged, so a change of scenery for 1/2 hour or so.

Keep safe everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2021, 01:39 PM
'morning all
I'm back on the anti-biotics as the chest infection has returned, my GP says there are lot of these things around at this time of year, nothing to do with Covid.

Very cold here but dry expecting snow latter.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning all
I'm back on the anti-biotics as the chest infection has returned, my GP says there are lot of these things around at this time of year, nothing to do with Covid.

Very cold here but dry expecting snow latter.
Totally agree with your GP we have had 4 go down with chest infections. None covid.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Afternoon all.

Dog walk, work, dog walk, lunch, armchair, dog walk, dinner, dog walk, bed...and repeat. LOL
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely day here and not as cold as it's been what seems like forever.

Gary has finally had the fire alarm completed in his flat after 7 months of waiting. Still waiting for the doorbell, but no doubt it will come.

Lovely walk this morning, tidy round and shower this afternoon and now to read - although I don't know what yet as finished my previous book last night

Have a good 'un all and Harvey take care x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 04:49 PM
I honestly believe that a considerable number of those classified as Covid deaths were in fact just old age and normal flue victims. I have survived my three score ten years and can assume with all my complaints and medication that I am due to go anytime now. In the mean time I will not invite my demise early or anyone else's provided they take care and stay safe as recommended. God bless you all and keep you all safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2021, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Totally agree with your GP we have had 4 go down with chest infections. None covid.

It's a bit more serious with me (Having lung cancer) but the fact is that every year the 'flu' and various similar things take a large number of people.

Covid has grabbed the headlines and people with other illnesses and conditions are suffering.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Harvey, I agree....happens quite regularly in winter that people get a chest infection, think it's gone but sometimes there's a tiny little bit hanging on and the whole thing starts again, mum gets a chest infection about every 3 weeks and is currently on her second lot of antibiotics in 2 weeks.... she's chronic asthmatic so like yourself needs to be cautious
Had a difficult day, mums friend ( and mine) is diabetic, has developed an ulcer on her leg and has had problems since September...her drs are not doing what they should so I found the number for the tissue viability clinic and wanted to call them...she said no, I suggested contacting her diabetes consultant and tell him that she now has an ulcer as she stopped one of her diabetes medications in August due to side effects and her drs didn't prescribe anything else... basically they have neglected her care horribly and when she mentioned she wasn't happy, the nurses attitude was put a complaint into the practice and leave!!!
I said I wasn't happy, she is going to end up losing her lower leg the way they are going and she or I can intervene and get her sorted....she won't go against the drs surgery, comparing how our practice is with her's....world's apart, when my mum gets leg wounds, she is seen the same day and then every 2 days after until the wound is fully healed.
Mum told her she was getting angry and said she was going, she then called me crying saying that she didn't want my mum calling anyone...I said it was me who was going to call them and she said she didn't want that so I just said " well we better leave it there" I just said goodbye and hung up.....I can't sit back and watch someone be neglected, them allow it to happen and her potentially lose her leg( she wouldn't cope) her blood sugar was 29 yesterday...after insulin today, 20.9. it's horrible to have to do but she has no family, we are the closest thing she has to family and none of us can sit and watch her deteriorate in front of our eyes
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2021, 11:55 PM
She may be afraid she'll be left without a doctor, Kelly. I'd try ringing your surgery, making sure they would take her on, then try again without getting uppety and telling her that there is a place for her at your surgery if she wants it (if there is because many doctors aren't taking on new patients)