View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:38 PM

Teddy is so poorly now. (updated post #99)

I'm sorry for the delay in updating but what a day it's been.
I phoned the vet after nine this morning but she didn't phone back until 11. She said that as he was eating and drinking, she was happy to see him in the morning.

Anyhow around 12.30 he started vomiting as well. After he had been sick a few times I phoned and spoke to another vet who asked me to bring him straight down. These was still blood in the poo and and in the vomit

Although he is not dehydrated, they are going to keep him in and put him on a drip, do some fecal tests and an xray.
Poor Teddy, you should have seen his little face. I cried buckets on the way home. I've only had him a week and he is so poorly. He's lost so much weight as well.

On the vets advice, I phoned the breeder and told her the whole story. She got quite stroppy and said all the others were fine. I said that she had told me all the puppies were wormed a week before I got him and yet the first night I had him he threw up live worms and the diarrhia started. I'm afraid I got a bit stroppy back.

I'm tired and emotional. I haven't slept for five nights and I'm worried sick about him. I help manage my OH's company, I raise three kids and run a good home and yet for the first time in my life I felt so damn helpless. He kept looking up at me and well I kept crying. Even though I've only had a short while, I love the little mite so much.

Thank you for your messages of support. Please keep Teddy in your thoughts. He is so poorly.

Julie
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
oh hun i mised the original thread about teddy....

I know how you feel, we are all here if you need us...

Big gentle hugs to teddy and big bear hug to you!

Alex
xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Has Teddy had his vaccines?
Wishing him a speedy recovery and the breeder should understand, you love him and don't want him to suffer anymore than she does.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh Julie *hugs* I sincerely hope poor little Teddy can recover from this. It really sounds quite nasty. Sending positive vibes, honey x0x0x
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh no, Im so sorry teddy is stil poorly.. poor little mite, I really hope he perks up soon. You must be feeling drained, try to stay posistive hun. Hugs being sent your way..((hugs)) Fingers crossed for him xxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh hun, I missed the original thread as well I'm so sorry you are going through this, my prayers are with Teddy and I'm sending healing vibes his way, I hope with all my heart that there is good news very soon, big (((HUGS))) to you.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Aww, poor you and poor Teddy.

He's in the best place to help him just now, you've done all you can, though I know how helpless you're feeling

(((hugs))) to you and healing vibes for Teddy.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
I missed the original thread too-poor you and Teddy

I hope he is beeter soon
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
No Teddy has not had his vaccines. He was seven weeks when I got him and that same night he threw up the worms. The following morning I took him to the vet for a check and she said he was fine but a little under weight, gave me the wormer and we booked an appointment for his jabs this week. However he hasn't had them yet as he got ill.

The breeder told me that her vet had checked him over the morning that I went to collect him and gave him the all clear. However, shes now refusing to even tell me who her vet is or show me proof of that check.

Julie
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Can you find out what wormer she used, as I've had reaction's to wormer's so much so weve had to have pups on drip's, I would say its drontal that does this to mine now i won't use it, even dk had problems with it when she used it a few year's back.
It might be a thought that's all.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »