View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Bird feeder here too!! i like squirrels but my god they can be a pain the empty the peanuts so fast and i put out this suet cylinder thing and the magpies would fly past and nick a bit here and there till its gone but i suppose they are all hungry too. I hate when the squirrel is there for hours hanging on the feeder and you see all the wee sparrows and tits waiting to get a turn
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I've got my squirrell well trained here Tori! He comes down early for breakfast, sits in the big bowl of sunflower hearts, has his fill, whilst they're all waiting on the ground like you say, and then he's off and I don't see him again until late afternoon, but then there's nothing much left by then! The blackbirds are loving the old grapes and apples at the moment! I've got all the blue tits back now, 2 out the front who are regulars now, and then about 5 round the side each morning, and I saw one chaffinch and one greenfinch, so they're slowly coming back to me. I know it'll take a while, but I'm glad they remembered this is such a good cafe - when it's open of course, coz I neglected them this summer with all that ws going on with the house!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 05:57 PM
we've got two squirrels who come back and forth all day lol sounds like you've got a proper cafe going on there they must love you. By the way what do robins like to eat they cant go on the feeder and hop about on the ground.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Robins are really strange I think? They sit on the bowl on my feeder, take a couple of bits out and then fly off. Then they're on the ground, and I've left some mealworms on the ground in a fat feeder thingy but they don't eat them. I don't see them eating much at all really. You can get some proper robin food which they might eat? They always eat from the ground, or so they say, and yet mine sits in the bowl and eats from the bird feeder? At the moment, I've got one lone robin who sits on the washing line where I have an old duvet cover, and all his droppings have plastered the duvet cover, so he sits there a LOT!!!! Dave says, he just sits there looking all around and he's always on it!! Aren't they funny little things!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 07:02 PM
awww he sounds so cute, they are quite funny i see one flying down look around a bit then off again then back 5mins later and doesn't look like its eating anything just having a nosey about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3