Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-11-2006, 05:14 PM

Four year old neutered male shepherd

we have a four year old neutered male shepherd coming to us for rehoming tomorrow he will be assesed and tested with other dogs, cats children and all sorts before we rehome but anyone interested please feel free to get in touch with us
jane and ems
Amon Rah
New Member!
Female 

21-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi well have had "Chad" a week now and so far this is what I have found he does not like being challenged if I say one thing and he wants to do it another way we have a barking session so he gets told very abruptly who is boss he is learning quickly though that he's behaviour is not acceptable he is good with our female shepherd but gets unsure around our springer cant handle the bounce and starts barking at him he is very good off the lead has excellent recall, he has learnt that noone is going to hurt his tail and now allows me to brush and gently hold his tail he has allowed me to bath him and clip his nails yesterday that again being something very new to him and at first we had a few grumbles but got him over it and he was very good sitting in the bath being scrubbed, he is good with cats actually he avoids them if he sees ours coming he goes in the opposite direction he is housetrained he sleeps by my side of the bed at night he is still getting used to the idea of being left alone for short periods he tends to bark a bit then settles down we have been rewarding him when he is quiet with cow hooves and kongs filled with treats he is good with children but because of his size I would be happier with him going to a home with older children say above ten years old, he likes to play and barks and spins around and now and again grabs your hand this is a shepherd trait he is not meaning to hurt he just likes holding your hand I have been discouraging it and giving him a ball on a rope to play with instead.when in the house he is a settled boy he will lay at your feet and sleep he loves being with you wherever yo are in the house he is like another shadow for us, we have taught him sit, down and heel work is good with a gentle leader.He is four years ol a dark semi long coated male neutered and will be microchipped shortly by the trust if anyone would like to offer this loving boy a home please get in touch with us
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-11-2006, 04:24 PM
he sounds adorable do hope it won't be long till he finds his forever home.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Good luck Chad. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with him. I hope he find his forever home soon.
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I'll try and download some pics of him later on this evening for you all to see this lovely big teddy bear I have a springer sitting on my arm as I type so this is difficult to do hehehehe
ems
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2006, 01:09 PM
this is our big hairy boy Chad

BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh, he's gorgeous What a lovely boy.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Amon, its lovely to see another fosterer on Dogsey

So wishing you a very warm Welcome too

Algernon Trust.... I am in love :smt049

Chad is simply gorgeous and I am sure a dedicated, loving but firm home will snap him up in no time..
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Chad has been rehomed
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Fantastic news..he's a very handsome boy.