Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 07:54 AM

"Friendship Force" (Foreign Exchange )

Just wondered if any of you are aware of the Friendship Force.

My In-Laws have been members for quite a few years. Basically it is an exchange. i.e you host different nationalities in your home and then you get hosted abroad.

You get a choice, of countries to visit over the year, and are part of a party to visit that particular country. Then the following year the previous year's hosts then return to this country.

I hope I have explained this ok.

It's just that my in-laws mention this to us all the time as they are disappointed at the lack of new recruits, as the club is diminishing due to the oldies "popping off" (their words not mine ).

We may consider it in a few years, and if anyone is seriously interested I will happily post details to you as it covers the whole country.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:20 PM
None of you heard of this before ?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:32 PM
ooh i have to say ive never heard of it before but it does sound really good
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Bless you BL I knew you would reply
It is such an inexpensive way to travel around the world!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:36 PM
it sounds similar to when i was in school like a school exchange where you would put the people up and then they would put you up but your way sounds better more choices of holiday countrys to visit
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:50 PM
How lovely My mum is a language teacher, so we always had teachers/pupils on foreign exchange programmes staying at ours. What's even nicer than that is our relationship with our French friends, the Melins. When my grandad was a boy, he went on a French exchange with a boy called Charles, they remained friends, went to each other's weddings, wrote to each other throughout the war, their children "exchanged", we grandchildren "exchanged", and now, although both grandad and Charles are dead,their wives still write to each other and their great-grandchildren are "exchanging." Just goes to show how successful it can be
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:50 PM
My In-Laws have been everywhere! The holiday is not to be spent entirely with the host either, it is just a base from which to explore the country.

They have been to Brazil, Australia, Japan, America, Canada, Russia and loads more.....
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
How lovely My mum is a language teacher, so we always had teachers/pupils on foreign exchange programmes staying at ours. What's even nicer than that is our relationship with our French friends, the Melins. When my grandad was a boy, he went on a French exchange with a boy called Charles, they remained friends, went to each other's weddings, wrote to each other throughout the war, their children "exchanged", we grandchildren "exchanged", and now, although both grandad and Charles are dead,their wives still write to each other and their great-grandchildren are "exchanging." Just goes to show how successful it can be
Brilliant!
I have hosted foreign children over the years and really enjoyed it. Also as we live near Shoreham-By-Sea, Northbrook Aero-Nautical College takes students from all over the world, and we have hosted an australian guy, and several arabs. We also hosted the foreign teachers years ago and often had invites back, which at the time we didn't take up as Chloe was very young!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I wrote a reply earlier, then the computer locked up so I went and cooked dinner!

My reply was that after reading your first post I went and googled it and had a look at the website - what a good idea!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
I wrote a reply earlier, then the computer locked up so I went and cooked dinner!

My reply was that after reading your first post I went and googled it and had a look at the website - what a good idea!
Cooked dinner... made me feel bad now!! had such a lazy day! It's disappointing that not many younger people are involved ! well not in Sussex according to my In-Laws..