View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
YORKIELOVER
New Member!
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:13 PM
We've tried all the dog foods none of which she could tolerate. Supadog is great and she loves it. The vet says to leave her on what she's happy with. She also has epilepsy and a serious heart murmur so I try to keep her day to day life to a routine. She does well for her age
batmandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 08:02 PM
When my german shepard had it she was fine in ocean fish, and duck and rice by james wellbeloved, but i have been told they have changes the recipe,

mandy
batmandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by YORKIELOVER View Post
We've tried all the dog foods none of which she could tolerate. Supadog is great and she loves it. The vet says to leave her on what she's happy with. She also has epilepsy and a serious heart murmur so I try to keep her day to day life to a routine. She does well for her age
Bless her,

If she were mine i would agree with the vet and keep her happy, on what suits her Good luck

mandy xx
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-07-2009, 07:26 AM
If your dog is suffering from this then maybe you need to work out what is triggering the bowel irritation - it may be something in the food, in which case a vet might suggest an elimination diet to try and work out what's the best long term diet to go with.
There's a load of information on http://www.pet-food-choice.co.uk/pet...ntolerance.htm about food intolerance which might be useful.
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi folks,
I own a 14 year old Border Collie/GSD called Lucy who was diagnosed with colitis about a month ago. My vet recommended Wafcol, Salmon and Potato and after reading several posts on this forum and asking advice of your users I decided to give it a try. I visited my local Pets at Home but they only had the Wafcol adult version, not the senior one in stock so after chatting to one of their salesmen, who recommended Wainwrights Senior Salmon and Potato, I got a 2kg bag and started Lucy on it. Well, she has not looked back!! I am now working my way through a 15kg sack and she is enjoying every mouthful. I also bought some packs of Naturediet, Sensitive with Salmon, Prawn, Veg and Rice and Senior/Lite with Veg and Rice. These I cut into 8 sections and she has a portion mixed in with her Wainwrights for each meal. Her poo's are back to solid and dark, rather than runny and mucousy, so thank you all again for your advice and help.
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
oy, just get your dog on raw food! kibbles create unbalanced diets that cause these poor guys to get sick!
Here Here. Humans do not thrive on processed food and neither do dogs. Give them what nature intended, raw raw raw
finchslim
New Member!
Female 

29-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi all

I have been following this thread on colitis. I am pulling my hair out not knowing what to do. My lovely boy, has had colitis on and off for 5 years. He is now 10. It has been 3 months now of constant runs. He has had the steriods, the antibitotics, james wellbeloved fish and vegetables, past and chicken. The vet said there is nothing else he can do apart from suggest a single protein diet. Could any of you recommend a good brand that provides just that. I also note that a few of you recommend chappie. Pardon for my ignorance but what is good with chappie. Is it a single protein? As you know the more the diet is changed the more upset it causes. I don't want to put him through another change without doing my research. So any recommendations for this poorly boy would be so appreciated. I don't want to have him to suffer any more and putting him to sleep is just not an option. He still wags his tail and smiles at me when I come home. Please help. Thanks T
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Amber had colitis for quiet a few years, we feed her on Hill Prescription Diet WD, and it did controlled it very well, we were told you could only get from the vets, but we got it from www.petmed.co.uk and it's a lot cheaper. It may be worth giving it a try.

Don't give any treats of any kind until you have it well under control, then be very careful what you give him.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by tedsui View Post
Hi folks,
I own a 14 year old Border Collie/GSD called Lucy who was diagnosed with colitis about a month ago. My vet recommended Wafcol, Salmon and Potato and after reading several posts on this forum and asking advice of your users I decided to give it a try. I visited my local Pets at Home but they only had the Wafcol adult version, not the senior one in stock so after chatting to one of their salesmen, who recommended Wainwrights Senior Salmon and Potato, I got a 2kg bag and started Lucy on it. Well, she has not looked back!! I am now working my way through a 15kg sack and she is enjoying every mouthful. I also bought some packs of Naturediet, Sensitive with Salmon, Prawn, Veg and Rice and Senior/Lite with Veg and Rice. These I cut into 8 sections and she has a portion mixed in with her Wainwrights for each meal. Her poo's are back to solid and dark, rather than runny and mucousy, so thank you all again for your advice and help.
I have tried Wafcol Salmon and Potato for colitis and had very good results

The food has very few additives and produces nice firm poos ..
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by YORKIELOVER View Post
Hi, I have a 14 year old Yorkshire Terrier who has had colitis all her life. She can eat boiled or roast chicken (no rice). I have however found a fabulous dried food called Supadog. It has chicken chunks in it and is free from red meat and maize. She has put on weight and looks much better. She was fine on dried Chappie years ago until they changed the recipe and it set her off again. She still has bouts but not nearly as many. Hope this helps
Thanks for this! Our 14 week old Yorkie pup has runny diarrhoea whenever we try to get him onto dried food. The only food that suits him is Chappie original in tins. I havent tried the Chappie dried as when I phoned the manufacturer, they said that Chappie dried was a different food altogether than the tinned. The tinned is fish based and the dried is beef based. How silly!

Our pup has had faecal sample testing done and they found giardia even after worming, so we are treating that now, and I still darent change from Chappie.

The thing is, he prefers dried food. He sometimes refuses the tinned chappie.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >