Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 11:04 PM

Travel with the UK?

Well I have just realised I am possibly the least travelled person in the UK within the UK?

Where in the UK have you been?
And where would you love to go?
Better still where would you reccommend people to go? a hidden secret?

Karen
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 11:11 PM
I've been to lots of places from the Lake District to North Wales down to Cornwall and the South Coast, but have never, ever, ever been to Scotland, but I would love to go. I'd like to hire a cruiser on Loch Ness and visit the Isle of Skye.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I've had some wonderful holidays in the UK. My favourite places are north wales, the north of the isle of Arran, cornwall and the lake district. You can't do better than rent a nice cottage that allows you to take pets, and spend whole days wandering around the countryside with your dogs then coming back to a warm cottage and making a hot drink. There seem to be a lot of companies which rent out animal friendly cottages.

Where you choose to go depends on your interests. I like nature watching holidays so I like places off the beaten track with nobody else for miles, but if you prefer somewhere with a bit more to do then you're spoilt for choice really. If you want culture and history somewhere like edinburgh or York is a good choice. It all depends what you want to do with your holiday.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I have lived in many places Derbyshire, Lancashire, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Somerset and now Worcestershire and think I will stay here.
I have stayed in Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, London, Cheshire, Cornwall, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire, Cumberland and Argyle...

Some good places to stay, Loch Melfort Argyle...stunning views, not far from Oban for shopping.
Ashford in the Water, Hassop, Youlgrave , Eyam...Derbyshire all ideal places to stay for walking in the peak district with Haddon Hall and Chatsworth on the doorstep.
Blore, Ilam Tissington Derbyshire again great for walking all near Dovedale.

Lyme Regis in Dorset, pretty little seaside town ideal for exploring the lovely Dorset countryside.

The Forest of Deane Gloucestershire , a land that time forgot, miles of walks and an unusual walk with sculptures in the trees, also Clearwell caves and one of the most Haunted Houses in England...Symonds Yat and the beautiful Wye valley on the doorstep..

North West Pembrokeshire , sea and mountain,over 100 miles of costal path ..heaven Stay near Newport village.

The Cotswolds, stay in one of the many villages like Buckland outside Broadway, go to Snowshill Manor and Broadway Tower .
Think I had better stop there.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Goodness me, I have covered most of the larger towns in the uk at some time as when I was younger I worked in the variety theatre and we moved from town to town every week. Met my OH in Huddersfield, got engaged in Hull, married in Romford and have lived for a few weeks (pantomime and summer seasons) in loads of places too.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Been loads of places in the UK since living here but Lake District is definitely our favourite. Been to Devon, Wales, All over Scotland and love it up there. Isle of Skye is lovely too!