Originally Posted by Het
and Steve i'll keep an eye out for the man in the leopard print loincloth
I bet you will... :smt004
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Afternoon Het,

Just proves what is going on around us if we open our eyes and...bother to help the animals and birds that share our space.

I only saw a little of the video footage because I'm still using dial up, you really do need broadband but its giving me more reasons to go for it. Its good to find all the sites that I can link to and perhaps share photo's and even video footage. Its all new to me.

Perhaps with the Autumn arriving and it turning cooler we'll see much more. Its been cold and damp here and it looked as though little was around in the garden. So it was tempting to hold back and put only a small amount of food out in case it was wasted but the squirrel(grey in our case has been busy)and when one only visits its difficult to say if its the same one or different ones across the day but some of the time its been two together.

Sometimes they are not too bothered by my presence and other times they disappear but I can see them hiding until they think its safe to return. Who do they think puts the nuts out for them?

Just about everything has been eaten by the birds too. So its been a busy day.

I guess before long I'll have to order in more supplies for the Winter.

Gildy
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi Gildy
Wet and cold over here as well for most of the day though it didn't seem to deter the squirrels, but theres still lots of leaves on the trees to give them shelter. They spent a lot of time in the oak tree on the other side picking the acorns, they are so agile and they leap from branch to branch.Perhaps as they get used to me I will be able to get closer to them and get some better pictures.
I agree you need Broadband, there is so little difference in cost and it does encourage you to explore more as things are so much quicker.
Theres not too many birds coming for food in the garden yet, they are still busy in the Apple Tree though. The Robin spends a lot of time sitting on the fence hoping I'll put some cheese and biscuits out for him.

The sun has come out now and its a lovely evening though still cold, so its feed the dogs and run them round the field time
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi Het, great footage mate, a treat to see for sure Thanks for taking the time to do the vid, I'm sure you wanted to be doing something else

Clever little Reds, they sure learn quickly don't they?
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Lovely video Het
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
great video Het
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Great vid Het. Don't see many reds about, mainly greys round here too which is a shame as the reds are beautiful
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Hiya Het. Do you think you ought to let the Springwatch Team know about your red squirrells, coz I'm sure they said we only have them in Scotland and the IOW now as I have said before? Maybe they would be very interested to know you actually have a family of them where you live, and you never know you might get your 5 mins. of fame from it when they do the programme next year?? That would be great wouldn't it, we can all come along toooooo! p.s. Don't tell that Ashlady about that bit though, as she will want to come too
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
p.s. Don't tell that Ashlady about that bit though, as she will want to come too
D'ya know, you can go off people (pick us up on the way spud, will ya??)
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Good idea Helen, don't know whether I could manage you and Ashlady though I suppose I could put bunkbeds in the summerhouse
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >