Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 08:06 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 17th March, 2019

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining. I hope you and your four legged friends are all well. Have a lovely day. Stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are sleeping better

Hope yu have had a lovely weekend with the family Lynn

Lovely morning here, sun shinning and the wind has gone. Lovely walk with Teazle so now coffee before thinking about cooking dinner, roast chicken etc yum.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Good morning all.

Been out with Gert lovely morning walk lost two balls hey ho they may turn up next time there; just popped the bedding on the line so fingers crossed. Off to BQ decided to change the kitchen layout and need another unit as brought a washer dryer so the space for dryer needs refiguring think I have sorted it in my head now so action required.

Also popping to the farm shop now was popping over to my aunts but forgot its the StPatricks day parade in Brum and roads shut all over not getting stuck the other side from home, so just going over tomorrow as a social worker allotted to her case.

Hope everyone well and good.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Afternoon Moyra, Sue, Kazz and all who follow.

Wow what a weekend so thoroughly spoilt. Beautiful cards and gifts from Michael and Maca from spain and a lovely little necklace with my initial on from her parents.
Then out to meet Mark, Lauren, Joel and his girlfriend tia at the restaurant down the road. Brilliant meal and evening and Lauren had arranged a cake and the staff sang happy birthday.
Lovely gifts and cards from Joel and Tia which he chose himself. Beautiful little heart cushion with some lovely words and a pearl and not real I would I think diamonds.
Out for afternoon tea with Michael and Margaret tomorrow afternoon they want to see me before my birthday and then Mark and Lauren arranging a day near or on my birthday to give me their gift and of course still Gorden's to come.
Saying that though this weekend would be more than enough feel so blessed with our family.
Just seen Michael and Maca off at the station they are flying from Gatwick today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lot better day today. Still a bit 'drafty' but nowhere near as bad as last week and a half. If it hadn't been for the 5 minutes of hailstones as we were heading back to the car, it would have been a lovely morning.

Gary got his favourite scampi and chips for his birthday meal. We went to a fish restaurant. Got 2 mini fish and chips and the mini scampi and chips, bread and butte and diet cokes to drink. Far too much food for any of us to finish (despite supposedly mini) and all for £18.50. Can't fault it and it was all very good.

Gary bought himself yet another watch with his birthday money so he is well pleased with himself.

Glad you've also enjoyed your early birthday celebrations, Lynn. It's lovely when family comes together. We usually all get together for Gary's birthday, but my Brother-in-Law died last year so my sister couldn't come because she can't drive and my Brother and his Wife couldn't come because my Brother has Parkinsons which has progressed to a point where he can't drive now.

My Sister and Daughter will be over in summer though when the regular bus trips get going so we are all looking forward to that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Glad you had a nice birthday lunch Chris. Hope Gary is pleased with his new watch.
Unfortunately as we get older family can't always make can it can they ?
For now if we want to visit Michael and Maca we will be going separately due to Dillon and it might be we never get there but luckily they are young enough still to visit us.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 05:24 PM
So very pleased you have had a great weekend Lynn and I am sure you will get over to visit soon...life's too short not to go! There's so many places I wanted to go and I put it off and now I will never go
Chris, lol...I hope Gary is super chuffed with his watch.
I am meeting my cousin tomorrow first time in about a year and couldn't come at a better time, I am sure her visit will cheer me up. I am so pleased for her, she has found a lovely lad...with a bit of a kick up the bum from me lol has a nice home and are now adopting a rescue dog!! I am very proud that a shove from me has given her a happy future
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 05:26 PM
We go separately when we go over to Barnsley to visit the family too because my Sister won't have a dog in the house and I won't leave her in the car. The compromise is one of us stays home while the other goes over there. Gary goes too with whoever is going.

The bus trips were £9.50 last year so it actually works out cheaper than coming by car. Far cheaper if you factor in the extortionately high car park charges here. We buy a parking permit each year which allows us to use any of the ELDC car parks in the area. It was about £160 last year but compared to £8 or £9 parking in the car parks it works out well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Deffo worth the trip on the coach Chris....I think it costs me about £25 to come down your way on the coach...maybe a bit more
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Moyra, Sue, Kazz and all who follow.

Wow what a weekend so thoroughly spoilt. Beautiful cards and gifts from Michael and Maca from spain and a lovely little necklace with my initial on from her parents.
Then out to meet Mark, Lauren, Joel and his girlfriend tia at the restaurant down the road. Brilliant meal and evening and Lauren had arranged a cake and the staff sang happy birthday.
Lovely gifts and cards from Joel and Tia which he chose himself. Beautiful little heart cushion with some lovely words and a pearl and not real I would I think diamonds.
Out for afternoon tea with Michael and Margaret tomorrow afternoon they want to see me before my birthday and then Mark and Lauren arranging a day near or on my birthday to give me their gift and of course still Gorden's to come.
Saying that though this weekend would be more than enough feel so blessed with our family.
Just seen Michael and Maca off at the station they are flying from Gatwick today.
Awww how lovely what a happy place you are in Long may it continue.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >