Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 08:01 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 15th December, 2018

Good morning everyone. Extremely cold out there, lots of black ice about. Trust you and all the four legged friends are all well. Take care everyone, stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 09:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all to come. Cold out and can't decide whether to go to the village christmas market as it looks very definitely like rain. It has been forecast. If I go I will only get cold and spend money that I don't really want to but it seems daft not to go and see what is around. Hey ho decisions decisions. Have a good day peeps and weekend.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Morning all

Cold, windy and cloudy this morning.
Woke up to a lovely warm house this morning, the heating had come on, I don't use a timer just set it on about 19/20. Tally jumped on me when my alarm went off and snuggled in the duvet and George was sat on the radiator, he ain't daft bless him.

Lizzie sent me a copy of the rota for work, and my name's on it

Been and put Dad's little mini tree on his spot in the garden and turned the lights on for Christmas

Nothing planned for today, hoping for a quiet easy day, Lukes off today and Tom's in later, Lizzie has already gone she's working this morning

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sal and all to follow.

Bitterly cold here to. We had been having some drain trouble and a nasty smell in the bathroom. Put some drain cleaner down in the week and it seems to of cleared smell eventually went overnight and when Gorden lifted the cover no water sitting in the pipe he has put the karcher through it to so fingers crossed sorted.
Much better than dealing with blocked macerator pipes and toilets.

Popping out to get some parcels off later got it down to £10.90 roughly to be sent to Madrid 4 small boxes so £40'ish instead of £50 each big box. Michael will undoubtedly be in the UK when they arrive he flies home next Friday.
Wardrobe being made today and some jigging around of bedrooms. We will need another one at some point but I am not dealing with that rude article who phoned and turned up on the doorstep the other night.
Gorden said there are similar in other places.

griff hope you get the ab's sorted today.
brenda if you go to the market enjoy and keep warm. Mulled wine or cider to warm your insides.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Sal, Lynn and all who follow

Do hope you go and enjoy the market Brenda.

Hope drains are now sorted Lynn and that the wardrobe building goes without a hitch.

Try and have a quiet day Sal.

Do hope you have managed to get the antibiotics Griff and begin to feel better quickly.

Cold and windy first thing this morning but now it is raining. Nothing planned except to cook lunch.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Morning all just
Woken with yet another cold sore...I am sick of them now, it's my third in a month and so sore!!
Brenda go be merry at the market!
Sal, I got up to a warm house..my dad had left the he heating on for me
Lynn, hope the drain is sorted
Sue...bet you don't end up with a quiet day ...you never do!
Moyra, hope you aren't suffering too much with the cold
I am off to hunt out my tea tree oil... been using l-ysine cream but it's not helping me so run out of lemon balm oil so will smother myself with tea tree and cross everything it goes quickly
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Didn't go to the market. It got very wet and windy so doubt if it stayed as long as it should have. Such a shame. Listening to music and looking for a game called The Logo game but it must have been around awhile as have found loads on ebay. Don't think I will bother with it. Off to make coffee. Yep you all needed to know that then I shall read. Have a pleasant afternoon peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Good afternoon all.

An absolutely freezing morning with a strong breeze, but thankfully dry so we still enjoyed out morning out even if we all had so many layers on that we waddled rather than walked .

We tried a new place for breakfast this morning. With it being cold we fancied indoors rather than out so tried a pub in town. It was a lovely breakfast. The meal itself was cheap at £3.25 each, but blimey the drinks are expensive. It's a place to go when Gary comes with us though because he won't sit outside in winter. Only his crazy mum and dad do that
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2018, 08:03 PM
I am still having trouble with this pc. I think I may have to change over to my lap top, but I never got on with it, its still brand new! I am so cold so am going to take myself off to bed to get warm.

I wonder how Gordon and Mem's little babies are. Hope they are all doing well. Goodnight, God bless you all. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Night Moyra. It has been so cold today and horribly wet.

Still wardrobe building what a palaver no room to build it on the floor then lift it up it kept collapsing so Gorden has put brackets on the bottom bit so it held its weight.
Drawers to be built now and the doors to go on. They are heavy hoping we finish it tonight then I can start filling it.
Tomorrow we want to pop out to get some Christmas shopping. Monday is his last day in work and he likes to get a few bits for some of his colleagues and one his children to.
So far so good re: the drain.
brenda don't blame you staying in after all I wouldn't want to be homeless at any time but today and tonight particularly must be absolutely horrible.
Feeling very grateful for a roof over our heads and food in our tummies and a warm comfortable bed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >