View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2018, 06:34 AM

Morning Daily thread. Friday 14th December.

Morning everyone as I am up I thought I would start the thread today.
We are off to Harlow today leaving by 8.45 to see our friend/neighbour off on his final journey. There will be much sadness especially from his sons and grandchildren.
Michael was hoping to attend but cannot due to work and being in Spain and he is feeling gutted. He is very close to the sons and was to Tony also.
Mark would of come to but he has a charity event re: work even though on his holidays so is also unable to attend.
Gorden and I will attend on behalf of us all.

On a lighter note griff hope Steve has a fun day wearing his Christmas jumper also mum.
Maybe try to get some extra sleeps in if possible I know when I get up early to see Gorden off it affects me for a couple of days.
Also hoping the ab's start to take effect today.
Moyra hope you manage to overcome the pc problems today and that I will see you when I return from Essex.
Harvey hope you are now feeling better.

To everyone not mentioned have a good day hope you are well and that all our four legged friends are well to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Lynn, safe journey, and hope the funeral goes ok. I trust everyone and their four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Pretty cold out there but have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Good morning Lynn, Moyra and all who follow

Safe journey Lynn and hope the funeral goes as well as can be.

Hope the abs have now kicked inGriff and you are feeling better this morning.

Overcast at the moment but meant to brighten up but with no wind it feels a little warmer today.

Hope all two and four legged are well
Have a good day and stay safe.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Morning all

Cold out, with a frost overnight.

Lynn hope all goes well today x

Chaos here this morning, Luke with his attitude, playing his mouth about work and he's going to tell them this that and the other, He then was shouting at Lizzie to move her car, she refused to start with, and told him to move it, he refused so they all have awkward pants on, thank heavens they are all in work today is all I can say!

I have to go to the post office today and post the application for O/H's blue badges which are due to expire next week, and some cards for his side of the family.

Heard back from the council regarding the council tax and they have accepted my offer of payment but also expect the kids to each pay £20 also, they weren't happy when I told them but nothing I can do about that, and it will all get refunded when O/H's case is eventually heard at tribunal. At least I'm trying to sort the mess out. I would never have believed that one persons lies could have such a impact on money. Less money coming in but expected to find alot more.
I'm keeping a record of rent that needs refunding and council tax will be recorded also, I'm writing it in a book and also will have bank statements to back it up.
Solicitors did a file review Monday for his PIP and checked through all the evidence and paperwork and have said they expect a win because the evidence is so strong.

Nothing planned for today.

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Morning Moyra and Sue just back from walking Dillon. We will convince him to come in in a minute then change and off we go.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Good morning all.

Nice to see you back Moyra.

Lynn, hope today goes as well as can be expected.

Sal, I usually find taking the dog out for a walk, or failing that a few minutes in the bathroom away from everyone and everything helps. Keep that chin up girl x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, hope the funeral goes o.k
Sal... sounds like today is going to be one of those days
Sue, the chemist gave me 2 tablets and owe me the rest...I haven't had any today and they haven't delivered yet!! Think I will only manage to take one at this rate
Hi Chris, hope you are fully better now
Steve wore his stormtrooper jumper today and not his Chewbacca one, loads of people have commented on it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Afternoon everyone back from Essex. Just.
Lovely service and his two eldest sons how they managed to each read their eulogies is a miracle and a big thumbs to them. Laughter and tears.
They were all so pleased we managed to go. Also caught up with some old neighbours.
One Julie who we never thought would get a dog has a bulldog. Like me she was very emotional as she has recently lost her mum like me losing Gill so for us it was raw and difficult.
Thing is I sent a card to her stepdad and Yvonne her mum not knowing they had lost her.
So many people there some of us had to stand in the entrance part.
His sons did find him pulled over and tried to resuscitate him without any effect also they called the ambulance and 8 paramedics worked on him for over an hour or so but without success.
He is probably somewhere now having a pint or a good scotch and a bbq with old and new friends he will of already made.

Sal hope your day has been quieter once the children left for work.
griff glad Steve wore his jumper and had good comments. Not good about not getting all the ab's you need.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Awww Lynn, you weren't to know the ladies mum had died and I am sure she understands
No tablets... called the chemist, yes they will be delivered...maybe tomorrow morning!!! Told her to forget it, I will get it myself as I have already missed 1 dose, bloody stupid people, common sense should say 2 tablets a day and they owe me equals me on first delivery this morning...ooooooo wait until I see Colin the head pharmacist, I hate it when he goes on holiday as stupid things like this happens
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2018, 04:41 PM
We had to change chemists because of the lack of supplies and dangerous errors the previous one made. Luckily, I check meds when we get them, if I hadn't we'd have been taking far too high a strength meds and it didn't happen just once, but many times.

We use Boots now. It's attached to the doctor's in Skegness itself and, touch wood, never a problem with them.

So glad the funeral went 'well' - can't think of another word and that one seems so inappropriate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >