View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 11th December, 2018.

Good Morning everyone. I trust that you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day. It's cold but dry, that will do me!

Have a good day, wrap up warm and keep safe and well. God Bless.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Morning all

Cloudy, dark and cold this morning.

Late yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from the manager at work, she said she'd had excellent feedback from other staff members that I work hard, get on with stuff and get stuck in and I have a lovely nature about me and interact well with the residents and she offered me a job starting in January to cover maternity leave so it's only temp at the moment, however if a position becomes available then they will keep me on. Lizzie seems to think they may do that anyway, and has said the girl I'm covering may only come back part time if at all. Manager is going to get everything in writing and we have a staff meeting tomorrow. I'm feeling very pleased with myself! 48 years old haven't worked for 25 years and I'm still employable

We were going to go and get the tree this morning but O/H can't be bothered and wants to go on Thursday instead which is fine with me, I can concentrate on this mountain of washing I have to get through.

Hope everyone is well this morning.
Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Same here Moyra that will do me to.

Gorden gone off to London earlier back Thursday evening as Friday we are over to Harlow to say goodby to our friend Tony who died a couple of weeks ago.

Harvey we pay our car tax by d/d monthly it works out well for us you get an email notification and you can drive as soon as d/d set up even before 1st payment taken as it goes onto the PNC I think it's called immediately.
We do ours that way even though it costs a little extra because until we get the new log book for Gorden's little convertible we can't try to sell it so we are taxing and insuring 3 vehicles at the moment.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Congratulations Sal. X
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Good morning all from a sunny, chilly Skegness

Many congratulations, Sal - not that there was any doubt you would shine.

The lifeline for Gary is finally coming on Friday (everything crossed). I'll let ya know how it goes
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Sal, Chris and all who follow

Well done Sal and hope all goes well for you in the future. There was no doubt you would be offered something and hopefully full time later.

Lovely morning here with an early frost. Off to library in a moment and then try and trim a bush that is annoying me in the garden. Out to lunch with a friend today

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good ay and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Morning all
Sal....huge congratulations!; Well done
Sorry Harvey, only just seen your post, as the others have said, you can check the payment has gone through online, it can take a couple of days to update. I find online the easiest option now...post office is a right pain.... Steve does his by direct debit
He asked when they can wear their Christmas jumpers today... Birmingham have said Friday only... disgusting, they usually wear them for 2 weeks before Christmas... bloody scrooges
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Morning all. Well done Sal. You go for it girl. bg!! Yep I always paid for my car road tax online and if you want to you can print off details but the dvla know if you have paid or not so when the traffic warden comes round they can check if you have paid or not. Griff seems like there are all sorts of miseries out there. My daughter went to an award ceremony yesterday and they expected that there would be a celebration which included a glass of wine but nope nothing. Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey we pay our car tax by d/d monthly it works out well for us you get an email notification and you can drive as soon as d/d set up

Thanks Lynn, I will consider that for next year, just so happened that had money in the bank so thought heck let's just pay it and then I can forget about it for a year
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I find online the easiest option now...post office is a right pain....

Thanks Griffy, yes the only Post Office now that does it anywhere near here is ten miles away and there is always a huge que in there.

Next year it's online or D/D I must say that the phone thing did work 'tho which surprised me, had I made a mistake with entering any of the huge numbers maybe it would not have been so easy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >