register for free

Dog News

Dog owners urged to break new microchipping law

...has received 11 comments (page 2)
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2016, 02:06 PM
All of my dogs have been chipped as have my daughters cats and never had we had a bad reaction.

What good is to come of breaking this law? What will it achieve?
Most of the time people are bleating on about loose dogs and dog wardens moan about being unable to trace owners well surely if this is implimented properly there might be less dogs in rescues because the owner cant be traced..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2016, 02:09 PM
I only wish it were also compulsory for all vets, dog wardens, rescue centres, Highway agencies, Railway companies etc to scan any stray or deceased dog found. Then compulsory microchipping might get my support.

As far as migrating chips go, I have only known it happen to one dog where the chip moved from between the shoulder blades to the dog's elbow. It was removed and a new chip inserted with little fuss or consequence.

I wasn't sure whether all dogs, including workers, had to be chipped until recently but had to vet out to do all ours to comply with the law once the position was clear.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top