register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Moyra's an early bird, up and about before some of us have even woken never mind got up, so she reads through to see what she's missed, so she'll more than likely comment tomorrow, Popster
Is Salford not a bit nearer for you LG, can see their new ground from the high level bridge on the way to Sale
Griff, I do hope you're going to be OK, I'm not near enough to come and rescue you unfortunately.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Popster - Yes, I think they played well too! I started off this World Cup as English, upon their demise I became temporarily Welsh then this evening in severe desperation (and please believe me when I say "severe") I adopted the Frogs. Tomorrow I will be alternately Irish and Scottish. Hope springs eternal and all that - may get it right one day.
Doubt it'll be this year as I think the Kiwis have got it sewn up! Curses!!!!
Don't mind Fogle as a presenter - seems a decent enough chap. He's a lot more photogenic and likeable than his father - who I find aggravating in the extreme - wouldn't let him treat one of my critters.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 10:54 PM
June - You are right Salford's ground is nearer than Sale's to my place but as you are definitely not a "Rugbyphile" I would not expect you to know that Salford is Rugby League (13 a side) and Sale is Rugby Union (15 a side).
Although I will cheerfully watch and did play both, Griff's interests lie with the Union code. Hence my reference to Sale. Lesson in stupid oval ball games over - No charge either! LOL !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 11:12 PM
I did know about League and Union and that ' never the twain shall meet' and wondered if that was the reason for the trip to Sale, I had no idea which was which either
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 11:20 PM
June - To compound the complexities - The Mem tells me that for the 2015 season and beyond, both Sale Rugby Union and Salford Rugby League will share the A.J.Bell Stadium, which of course is the one that you refered to! So it makes not one jot of difference as to which one I wish to see - I'dd still have to go to the same place!
Ah! The infernal confusion of life - well mine anyway! lol !
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Time for me to take the dogs out and then it's bath and bed for me. Goodnight all and take care of yourselves. G.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3